Kaufland Hong Kong Limited
A Global buying office to seek a high calibre candidate to join our expanding business.
Footwear Technician/ Technical Manager
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004919179
for their expanding shoe/ luggage/ bags business.
- Hands on production problem solving in regards to physical & chemical standards.
- Sample evaluation prior to sending to head office.
- Executing technical quality audits of production places and monitoring of corrective action plans.
- Frequent visits to factories to educate suppliers and ensure quality standards are met.
- Close communication with head office on chemical regulation and internal standards and processes.
- Work with supply base towards phasing out chemicals in production supply chain.
- Support merchandising team regarding technical advice and solutions.
- At least 8 -10 years’ experience in footwear production and product development.
- Experience with German or European quality requirements on legal and customer basis.
- Strong background in footwear manufacturing.
- Good knowledge of components and production processes as well as in physical and chemical requirements.
- Good communication skills internally and externally.
- Very good command of written & verbal English, Cantonese, Mandarin.
- Flexibility to travel to China frequently.
- Computer literate.