FWD is the insurance business arm of the private investment group, Pacific Century Group. FWD’s business spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand and the Philippines, offering life insurance services, as well as general insurance, employee benefits and financial planning services in Hong Kong. FWD also has a brand presence in Indonesia. FWD’s strategic focus is to leverage technology to enhance customer experience, deliver innovative products, and invest in talent to create a leading pan-Asian life insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
The life insurance and general insurance operating entities of FWD Hong Kong have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited is rated “A3” by Moody’s and “A” by Fitch. FWD General Insurance Company Limited is rated “A” by Fitch.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
Frontend Software Engineer, Digital Commerce (Ref: J910)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004918069
Employer Ref. J910
• Develop first-class frontend website for a fast growing digital platform by applying industry best practice & setup the HTML5/CSS3/JS standard for FWD
• Research innovative and practical solutions to enhance the system in terms of UX, design and technical implementation
• Participate in code review process
• Collaborate with product manager and test team to define test case.
• As a quality gatekeeper for deliverables from vendors
• Enforce vendors to meet FWD standard and deliver the product on time with quality
• Act as an in-house resource to identify and provide quick fix for front end coding problem
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 3+ years’ experience in web product development
• Proficiency in Bootstrap and JQuery framework and other popular web framework
• Strong sense in implementing pixel-perfect web component based on design document
• Experience in responsive design and cross-browser websites for desktop, tablet and mobile devices
• Experience in working for eCommerce website or portal, managing large scale web applications will be an advantage
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate. Interested parties please send your full resume with current & expected salary, education and working experience to Human Resources Department (1/F FWD Financial Centre, 308 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong) or email to us (apply via JobsDB) or fax to 28503838.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.