Avalon BioMedical (Management) Limited
Avalon Polytom (HK) Limited (the “Company”) is a small biotech company focusing on protein therapeutic drug R&D. We apply our technological edge to downstream health products. Our products utilize proprietary and patented formulation approach to improve the safety, efficacy and versatility of the therapeutic proteins, as compared with marketed products. The management team of our group (the “Group”), in which the Company is a group member, comprises well-seasoned biotechnology experts and business professionals with global experience.
The Company is currently seeking a junior Research Associate or Research Scientist who is willing to take up the challenge in a fast growing company and interested in start-up operations in the biomedical field.
FULL-TIME RESEARCH ASSOCIATE/SCIENTIST
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004919374
- Design and execute study protocol including relevant bio-analyses;
- Work independently or with a team to develop biotherapeutics.
- Follow through any government-funded project, and liaise with our Group, CMOs, CROs and other collaborators in pre-clinical activities;
- Prepare study report and patent application;
- Present project update to R&D management team;
- Assist and support other staff as and when necessary and appropriate; and
- Handle any other relevant responsibilities and/or functions of our Group, as assigned from time to time
To be an ideal candidate in this role, the individual shall be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The list below is representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, and/or personal attributes required to be an ideal candidate:
- Fresh local graduates with M.Phil. or Ph.D. in molecular and cell biology or biochemistry; two years of post-graduate research experience is a plus.
- Candidate with experience in DNA cloning, protein expression and purification as well as animal handling;
- Candidate with experience in studying protein including post-translational chemistry, computer modeling and structural analyses using NMR and mass spec;
- Candidate with experience in basic bio-analytical tools such as ELISA, enzymatic assays, cell-based assays and real-time PCR;
- Candidate who is proficient in written English and Chinese;
- Candidate who is organized, reliable and efficient;
- Candidate having strong sense of responsibility and able to meet tight deadline with high quality;
- A team player with positive attitude, self-motivated and detailed-minded;
- Candidate who is proactive and is able to prioritize and to manage multiple tasks;
- Candidate who is mature and results oriented with international mindset and strong personal drive to take initiative and get things done;
- Candidate who has good presentation and persuasion skills;
- Candidate who has strong ethics, integrity, and credibility; and
- Candidate who is discreet and with good judgment in handling/responding to confidential and sensitive information
Interested candidates should apply in confidence with date of earliest availability, and current & expected salary by clicking 'Apply Now'.
Personal data provided will be used for recruitment and related purposes only and strictly in accordance with the relevant Personal Data Policy for Employment. Applicants who are not contacted within 6 weeks may consider their application unsuccessful and the personal data collected will be destroyed in due course