An Art Gallery in Central is seeking a dynamic, organized and efficient individual to join our growing team as Gallery Assistant on a full-time basis.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004921536
- Assist Gallery Director
- Greet all incoming visitors, clients, and press, both in person and by phone
- Act as an initial point of contact and answer any questions or concerns
- Answer all incoming calls to the gallery and direct inquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Send, receive and distribute physical mail
- Deal with journalists, writing, editing and translated material in English and Chinese.
- Maintain overall appearance and tidiness of general gallery spaces, book display, as well as kitchen and stockroom areas
- Assist with private views, special events and openings
- Mentor new team members and interns
- Provide administrative assistance to other internal departments as needed.
- Be responsible for calendar management and travel arrangement
- Provide range of clerical support
- Form 7 or above
- Proficiency in PC software applications
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua)
- Presentable, independent, organized, self-motivated and hardworking
- Prior experience working in a gallery, auction house or museum
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Thorough knowledge of contemporary art
- A pleasant working atmosphere
- 5-day work per week
- 14 days annual leave
- Attractive remuneration package
- Near MTR station
- Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 11am to 7pm
Please note this position is for immediate hire with a Tuesday through Saturday schedule. Please be available to interview immediately.