Insider TV is Asia’s fastest growing travel media company with its core content being an in-room TV channel broadcast in the majority of the 4 & 5 star hotels in Asia Pacific's most exciting cities.
General Manager, Hong Kong and Macau
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004992765
Reporting to the CMO based in Singapore, the General Manager’s primary objective is to oversee all revenue and distribution opportunities for the business
Taking command of the operational costs of the business and delivering on the P&L
Contribute to maximising advertising sales revenue for the Hong Kong and Macau markets and to outperform the designated sales targets through both direct sales and media agencies.
The General Manager will be part of a regional team and will share the responsibilities of growing the Hong Kong and Macau business as well as identifying and assisting with regional sales opportunities.
- Develop and implement sales plans to maximise revenue from new and existing clients.
- Upsell existing clients by introducing new products and services.
- Identify and solicit new leads and prospects through networking and cold calling.
- Set up appointments and engage in meaningful consultative discussions.
- Understand client needs and propose appropriate products and services to address those needs.
- Conduct product presentations to small or large groups when necessary.
- Prepare and present proposals, pricing and contracts.
- Conduct timely follow-up work to maximise likelihood of product/membership sales.
- Provide product training when necessary.
- Visit existing clients on a regular basis to nurture and cultivate relationship.
- Provide input to the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Manage and present at industry trade shows.
- Work with the marketing team on territory-specific marketing campaigns.
- Attend training programmes and internal group meetings when required.
Research & Maintaining Knowledge
The General Manager should be keenly aware of current events and the general business environment. Knowledge would include:
- basic economic and political awareness
- information about the various business sectors
- Specific information about existing clients and their competitors (e.g. expansion plans, M&A etc.)
- product knowledge – maintain a thorough knowledge and understand of the company’s products, new products and development plans
- maintain a thorough understanding of the functionality of on –line marketing and mobile advertising platforms
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree qualified
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in advertising sales, business-to-business environment.
- Experience in dealing with MNCs across multiple industries.
- Ability to develop creative and strategic advertising solutions to clients
- Comfortable in conversing with senior executives and decision-makers.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Experience of selling research or consulting desirable.
- Product knowledge (training will be provided).
- A high level of Word and Excel is essential.
- Fluency in the English language is essential.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Professional selling skills.
- Excellent proposal and writing skills.
- Attention to details.
- Sales-oriented and driven.
- Disciplined and require minimal supervision.
- Enjoy relationship building.
- Team player.