Are you looking for a role where your work will be used in actual production, and be crucial to the success of the business?
Eclipse Trading is a proprietary trading firm specializing in derivatives trading and a leading options market maker in Asia. Combining our trading experience, technology and risk management, we currently trade the Asian markets and have offices in Hong Kong, Sydney, and Shanghai.
For our growing team in Hong Kong, we are looking for a:
Graduate Trainee Developer (Java)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004916860
This is an outstanding opportunity for exceptional graduates with proven development skills to work at the centre of the Asian financial markets.
The successful candidate will start with an intensive 3-month training program, where you will rotate through our various IT teams before starting as a Graduate Developer with mentorship from a “buddy” specifically assigned to you. This training program ensures your career is off to a good start.
You will get to work at a leading options market maker in Asia and will learn from an experienced team of software engineers working at the cutting edge of technology.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop our in house trading system software, including functionality such as order management, position keeping, pricing and risk management
- Participate in testing and code reviews
- Interact with trading & quant teams to gather system requirements
- Provide Tier 3 support for those applications
What you offer
- Recent graduate with Bachelor, Master or Ph.D in Computer Science, or other related disciplines with a strong emphasis on programming
- Demonstrable development experience in Java, preferably from significant academic project work, open source contributions or professional work experience. Please summarize your development experience and provide a link if applicable.
- A passion for financial markets; however detailed knowledge and experience is NOT required
- Experience with network socket programming and the Linux kernel a plus
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Eagerness to continuously learn
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
What we offer
- A diverse, multinational company with a young, informal atmosphere
- A dynamic work environment where the focus is on getting things done efficiently instead of working long hours every day
- A flat management structure, where everyone’s voice is valued
- A hands-on experience in the most exciting part of the financial industry
- An attractive benefits package where your contribution will be rewarded handsomely in line with our performance-based remuneration
If you want to work in a fast paced trading environment and where you will be rewarded on your results, then joining us will be a positive and significant first step in your career.
How to Apply
Please send us your resume (in PDF or Word format) and your cover letter, including your availability and high school final scores, by submitting to the below link:
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes
For further information, please visit our website: https://www.eclipseoptions.com/.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.