Pure Search is a UK headquartered Search and Selection practice of more than 14 years with offices in London, Hong Kong and Singapore where our operations are mainly organised by geography, industry and specialism. The group provides comprehensive search and advised recruitment solutions to corporations, financial institutions and professional advisors worldwide.
To ensure we deliver the best solutions to our clients’ requirements, our consultants are aligned to specific industries and sectors, maximising the value of their in-depth market knowledge and extensive client and candidate networks. This is then supported by a dedicated in-house research, mapping and profiling function.
Our exacting standards distinguish us from the competition and we take a holistic approach to each recruitment requirement. As a result, we constantly research, analyse and benchmark professionals across the market. This enables us to provide our clients with a number of non-industry standard, consultancy-led services, over and above our recruitment offering.
Greater China Head of Legal, 15+PQE
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004919713
Our client is a large, ambitious, innovative and fast paced organisation operating in countries all over the world with very diverse challenges. Hong Kong is the hub for their Greater China business, and currently they are hiring the Head of Legal for the team of 20+ legal professionals based in HK and mainland China.
- Provide legal support over a wide range of legal and commercial areas including product banking, mergers & acquisitions, manufacturing, marketing and distribution; knowledge management and other digital initiatives; trade and fair competition; vendor and other commercial contracts management; consumer engagement and protection matters; corporate structure and secretarial support; labour and employment; advertising and promotion; plant development; compliance with anti-corruption laws and industry-specific laws and company policies and procedural documents, managing dispute resolution; and identifying, developing and managing external counsel to ensure timely, cost-efficient expert advice to the business. ;
- Support Corporate Legal in establishing, maintaining and monitoring corporate policies;
- Work with the Corporate Legal and China Legal to advise on intellectual property strategy, protection and manage intellectual property enforcement actions via external counsel and internal stakeholders;
- Advise on and have direct involvement with some external stakeholder-mapping and other strategic external relations activities in collaboration with dotted line manager and External Affairs when necessary;
- The role will be a key support to the core business Management team that oversees a successful and growth-orientated nutrition business in a major market for the Company;.
- You have solid experience in both implementing and managing legal & compliance teams and working in a global multi-stakeholder environment.
- You are hands on and able to and enjoy finding new solutions in order for us to continuously do and be better.
- You are curious, practically minded and enjoy connecting with people and work in a leadership role.
- It is crucial to your success that you are able to explain legal concepts and risk in a practical and simple way.
- You have a practical approach with the ability to balance business interests with law and risk while ensuring our values are not breached.
- You have a strong sense of integrity and always act based on facts.
- You can prioritise multiple tasks and obligations.
- Proficiency in English and Chinese is a pre-requisite.
- You have strong communication skills. Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills are therefore a must.
- Extensive experience in legal, risk/compliance positions.
- You are expected to travel to our local offices, China for around 30% of your time.
Interested candidate, please call +852 2520 5072 looking for Sherry Xu for a confidential discussion.