The recruitment department of the French Chamber of Commerce is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specializing in the recruitment of permanent positions and executive search to prestigious clients.
Our mission is to present the best talents to our clients MNC, small & medium sized enterprises, and help job seekers to find their dream job covering following sectors:
- Finance & Accounting
- Merchandising & Manufacturing
- IT & Engineering
- Human Resources & Administration
- Sales & Marketing
- Procurement & Supply Chain
- Retail and luxury industry
Please visit our website: www.fccihk.com for more details about us.
The recruitment department of the French Chamber is looking urgently for: Head Chef - Western Cuisine
Head Chef - Western Cuisine - 5 day work
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004915603
Our client, a leading high-end food catering company, is looking for a Head Chef to join its professional team.
- Manage all aspects of daily kitchen activities and offsite event operations
- Educate, mentor and inspire the junior chefs to succeed and achieve results as a team
- Communicate clearly and positively with other senior managers, staff, customers and other stakeholders
- Manage and delegate all aspects of Ordering and stock control
- Manage and delegate all aspects of Kitchen Hygiene
- Maintain recipe & presentation specifications and general food standards
- Be actively involved in new product development, and to manage the research and development process
- Assist with media events and press work- photo shoots, filming etc
- Be an ambassador for our brand- there will be lots of client contact. You must be knowledgeable and confident
- 10+ years’ work experience in good quality western kitchens
- Experience working in private events/functions (private parties, dinner parties, canape events, banquets etc)
- To be up-to-date with modern cuisine trends (and experiment with new techniques) while having a solid understanding of the classics.
- Good knowledge of modern techniques and ingredients, good knowledge of Food science and nutrition
- Very strong leadership skills and experience managing teams, detail-minded, excellent communication skills
- To work with a friendly, polite & positive can-do attitude, and be a positive influence on others
- Good command of English (speaking, reading & writing), Chinese is a plus
- Excellent food hygiene and kitchen safety knowledge (Hygiene manager certificate preferred)