Charterhouse Partnership is a global executive recruitment consultancy. We have offices throughout the world in Asia, Australia and the Middle East. In Hong Kong we have six specialist divisions: Banking & Finance; Sales & Marketing; Commerce Accounting, IT&T; Legal, Human Resources & Professional Support.
Head of Business Operations $1.4 million
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004830074
Employer Ref. HBO/DLM101716
Our client who are a major financial services company is seeking a Head of Business Operations, The Head of Business Operations is a core member of the Strategic Change and IT setup and my client is seeking a candidate who can hit the ground running.
- Manages and controls the finances, resources and risk for the Strategic Change and IT function
- Shapes the overarching change and IT strategy, working closely with the Director of Strategic Change and IT and other Heads of roles
- Shapes the overarching, prioritised change runway for the business and develops the project and programme approach, methodology and processes, working closely with the Heads of Change.
- Drives a streamlined and effective approach to the use of external parties across Strategic Change and IT, building and managing effective relationships with all suppliers
- Accountable for ensuring day to day systems availability and leading on problem and incident management as required
- Drive continuous improvement by encouraging others to innovate, seeking out and acting on the opportunities
- Be a visible leader with a strong focus on execution who role models our behaviours
- Identify what needs to be done and choose the right managers for the job
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure the timely and appropriate resolution of control weaknesses, issues and operational failures arising within the business
- Ensure actions, decisions and processes take account of risk appetite limits and the potential impact on the risk profile of the area, escalating any uncertainties to senior management /Risk function
- Significant experience of change and IT strategy development and delivery
- Expert level knowledge of project management methodologies, planning processes and techniques associated with major change programmes
- Significant experience of operational planning and support
- Significant experience of enterprise PMO in large and complex organisations
- Significant experience of commercial negotiation and supplier management
- Significant experience of relationship management with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Significant experience of managing direct and virtual teams
- Significant experience of financial management, risk control and resource management for a large and complex function
- Expert level knowledge of sourcing tools, techniques and processes
- Expert level knowledge of IT licencing and professional service contracts
- Detailed knowledge of third party contract development and contract law
- Expert level knowledge of industry best practice, good network/links with external bodies and individuals in the same field
- Expert level knowledge of financial services regulatory and legislatory frameworks
- Detailed knowledge of the service management practices defined within the ITIL model
- Detailed knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
You will also need to evidence the following;
- You can tackle complexity and make things simple for customers and those around you.
- You’re commercially savvy, you think competitively and you’ll seize a good opportunity whether big or small.
- You love to innovate, exploring what matters to customers and creating solutions that make a positive difference.
- You’re a strong people manager and team player who can help everyone pull together to achieve shared goals.
- You’re willing to take responsibility, creating better outcomes by stepping forward, using your judgement and making things happen.
- You thrive on a challenge, working with intellectual rigour at pace to achieve the highest standards of execution under all conditions.
If you are interested in finding out more about this career opportunity, please email your resume to Daniel Lam, daniell@ charterhouse.com.hk Tel: (852) 3151 1300 Web: www.charterhouse.com.hk. Due to high volume of CV submissions, only those who qualify will be contacted.
Charterhouse Partnership Hong Kong is here to assist you in your job search. Our experienced recruitment consultants will provide you career advise and assist you in develop a tailored job search strategy.