jobsDB ref: JHK100003004783906
Employer Ref. 13215
- Leadership responsibility
- Regional coverage
- Excellent salary with competitive bonus
- The Head of Customer Quality APAC is responsible for the leadership in APAC Region of the following functions; Quality Management Systems, Quality Engineering, Supplier Quality Development Engineering, Warranty and Manufacturing Quality.
- Report to The Head of Customer Quality APAC reports directly to the Global Head of Customer Quality
- The R.Q.D. is responsible for the management and resolution of all quality issues as well as for the timely and effective resolution of all non-conformances, either process or product related, raised either internally or externally.
- Work is performed in a fast-paced environment within tight time constraints.
- Frequent domestic and international travel is required.
- Responsibility for all Quality Management insuring world class Quality Standards productivity, and continuous improvement.
- Serve as primary management representative
- Development, implementation and maintenance of Quality Management System processes in compliance with latest industry standards (i.e. ISO14001, TS16949, OHSAS18001)
- Primary liaison to customer's quality organization.
- Lead customer focused continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure awareness of customer requirements and progress toward achievement throughout the organization.
- Lead and participate in Internal Audit activities
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of quality data to corporate for monthly reporting.
- Ensure the full compliance to the IQSR standard by supervising the IQSR audits in all plants in APAC Region
- Responsible for developing and implementing the systems and processes necessary to support a world class quality level in all products to all customers
- Provide leadership and guidance to the quality function in this area including TS16949
- Establish management systems to provide focus on the areas necessary for improvement
- Lead all warranty management activities that focus on improving customer satisfaction.
- Establish a system for regular and frequent communication with all customers regarding quality performance and continuous improvement
- Team Management
- Responsible to supervise and develop direct reports
- Promotes and exemplifies the company's Global Leadership Model to all associates in support of the company's Global Mission, Values and Objectives.
- Establish and maintain an effective system of communication and information flow cross-functionally and throughout the company.
- Actively support the program teams to assure consistent quality metrics are achieved.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement and corrective action activities
- Responsible for establish department budgets, monitoring and approving expenditures.
- Must comply with all work rules, policies and procedures.
- Must comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Provide support to other positions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of quality system industry standards (i.e. ISO14001, TS16949, OHSAS18001)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma tools and techniques preferred.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Software.
- Basic ability to navigate Internet and Intranet software packages.
- Foreign language preferred, English mandatory.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Must be flexible, dependable and creative.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to use influence others to achieve quality objectives
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collect, maintain and analyze data efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to manage time of self and others, determine priorities and objectives, and delegate effectively.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Customer warranty system knowledge.
- Familiarity with test/inspection parameters.
- Problem analysis skills
- Knowledge of and ability to develop and utilize PFMEA/DFMEA tools
- Ability to effectively manage performance of subordinates as well as train and develop the capability of his/her team.
- VAVE knowledge.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in engineering or related technical field, or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant industrial experience in Customer quality, engineering, or manufacturing required
- Experience in the automotive and or semiconductor industry is a must
- Experience in handle Japan customer is essential
- Knowledge in Japanese is prefered
Interested parties please click "Apply Now" or contact Adel Leung on +852 2833 4108 for more information.
About Chandler Macleod
Chandler Macleod Group is Australasia's leading provider of integrated human resources services, products and technologies. We help people and organisations to reach their full potential by enhancing their human resource strategy and practices to support achievement of their goals. This is delivered through provision of Permanent, Temporary and Contract Staffing, Psychometric Assessment, HR Consulting Services, Managed Workforces, Outsourcing and Payroll & HR technologies. Chandler Macleod now operates more than 35 offices throughout 6 countries, including Australia, New Zealand and Asia, and is headquartered in Sydney. We are a Member of Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd - the 5th largest staffing company in the world, having been acquired by them in April 2015.