AXA Hong Kong, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself of serving over 1 million customers in Hong Kong and Macau. Besides being one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong, it is also the number 1 General Insurance provider1 and a market leader in motor insurance.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
Head of Investment
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004915898
Employer Ref. 160002JT
- Assist the CIO in managing AXA China Region investments of 110 HKD Bn of assets covering Life, General Insurance and Wealth Management business lines.
- Responsible for day to day investment activities, dynamically manage asset allocation within the Strategic Asset Allocation range, hedge strategic positions
- Optimize investments under risk appetite, solvency and accounting constraints
- Explore new investment strategies, prepare and present new initiatives at local and regional investment committees for validation
- Liaise with AXA Asia and AXA Group on investment initiatives
- Maintain regular contacts with internal and external asset managers
- In charge of managing allocations across Fixed Income, Equities, Real Estate, Private Equity, Hedge Funds and Derivatives, REPO investments
- Look for, assess, present for validation and implement new investments initiative with close interactions with risk management, financial/accounting and actuarial teams
- Participate to the Monthly Investment Committees to present new strategies for validation, review any on-going investment activities and comment changes in allocation
- On a monthly basis, invest operational cash, rebalance existing investments and hedge strategic FX and Equity positions
- Liaise with AXA China Region Finance team on treasury management, anticipate major outflows and inflows from business
- Work closely with the Portfolio Reporting Manager (within Investment team) to plan annually and monitor monthly investment activities, both in terms of volume, achieved yield and capital consumption
- Work closely with the Head of ALM (within Investment team) to implement new Strategic Asset Allocation or adjust existing allocation to updated SAA
- Review annually Investment Guidelines of internal and external asset managers
- Participate to AXA Group Center of Expertise on asset classes or investment strategies, liaise with Regional investment team to retrieve key information
- Organize monthly or quarterly interactions, along with the Portfolio Reporting Manager (within Investment team), with asset managers to review performances and assess new ideas
- Provide timely feedback to asset managers for all Corporate Actions affecting AXA China Region balance sheet
- Support discussions with Lines of Business on new insurance product
- Responsible of Hedge Accounting quarterly verifications
- Ensure investments comply with local risk management framework and adhere to regional investment policies and AXA Group guidelines,
- Create internal awareness on key market events and changes in market outlooks, liaise with AXA IM research team
- 7 to 10 years of working experience in investments or front office positions within major financial institutions, insurance companies or asset managers, with significant experience as decision maker (portfolio manager, investments allocator, trader)
- Degree holder from international master/MBA specialising in investment or finance
- CFA holder or equivalent qualification
- Advanced knowledge in fixed income investments, portfolio management and derivatives strategies
- Knowledge of insurance liabilities and understanding investments constraints applicable to insurance companies
- Strong in quantitative skills and financial analysis.
- Independent individual with excellent communication skills and leadership
- Fluent spoken and written English