Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
Head of Process Re-engineering, HK
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004992067
Employer Ref. 532219
- To manage large scale programme delivery, pan bank.
- To ensure Group and regulatory standards for project management and implementation are properly complied with and all the projects risks and issues are escalated and managed effectively
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- The person in this role will work with senior management, program and project teams alike to ensure each of the components of the process improvement framework are implemented successfully and that the overall reengineering program in HK is delivering the required benefits to fund future years' growth
- Develop and a training strategy and provide ongoing training to HK staff pan bank to adopt process re-engineering best practices methodologies such as LEAN Six Sigma, Design Thinking and Agile
- Work with senior stakeholders and program managers to scope and define internal consulting engagements to help them solve business issues.
- Consult across programs to re-engineer business functions, ranging from operating model and organization design to product profitability analysis.
- Lead and coach junior resources across HK on analysis of current state data to form hypotheses and ultimately deliver recommendations on the required change to achieve the stated objectives.
- Assist the program managers to develop practical implementation plans as well as tracking and governance for those programs.
- Assist businesses to identify enhancing opportunities across the franchise, using data and qualitative analysis.
Qualifications and Skills
- Solid work experience in financial services
- project / program management experience related to re-engineering and business transformation, ideally with experience from a top tier strategy consulting firm
- Excellent knowledge of LEAN Six Sigma and Agile methodologies both as user and trainer.
- Strong data analytics capabilities, especially cost analysis and internal/external benchmarking
- Understanding of the drivers of value, including the ability to size and prioritize process changes within programs
- Ability to structure strategic, 'answer first' initiatives to address business issues
- Strong communication skills and the ability to structure logical analyses presentations; Excel and PowerPoint skills are key
- Excellent written and oral communicator both with senior stakeholders, peers and junior colleagues with a positive, can do attitude.
- Must be able to hit the ground running with excellent networking and collaborative skills to mange/ work with diverse teams across the business.
- Willingness to positively challenge the status quo and play a leadership role in team development and enhancement.
- A project management qualification is desirable (PMP, PRINCE2)
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 04-01-2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.