Head of Purchasing
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004995457
An European technology and innovation leader in the sensor-controlled lighting, heat-tool and hot-melt glue applicator markets, is looking for a Head of Purchasing
based in the Hong Kong sourcing office, who, directly reporting to the CEO of Steinel Asia in
Hong Kong and the Purchasing Director in the German headquarter and coordinating a team of about 5 resources, will be responsible for strategic and operational procurement in Asia (materials and indirect spending) with the following key activities:
- Managing and mentoring a dynamic team of 5 purchasing and Supply Chain professionals
- Develop and maintaining the present measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, and material shortage elimination.
- Report to management in Germany and Hong Kong the measurable status of progress and corrective actions as it pertains to supplier performance.
- Ensure performance improvement and recovery plans are developed, issued, tracked and reported on as required for supply base management and improvement.
- Negotiate and execute purchase orders, projects or vendor contracts as needed to support the critical business needs of the European branches.
- Manage material flow to insure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support on time customer deliveries while keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels.
- Strategically develop and implement commodity/supply chain strategies covering all commodities, services and supplier processes throughout a global enterprise to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
- Commodity and negotiation strategies including Terms and Conditions Supplier selection/de-selection in close consultation with the Central Purchasing Department in Germany, evaluation and rationalization of Supply chain solutions, including vendor managed inventory, supplier consignment, consolidation of shipments, safety stock levels, etc.
- Manages all activities that develop relationships with suppliers
- Develops an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage, utilizing Asian market exploitation, leveraging spend, and leveraging of technologies.
- Produce the budget under reconciliation with the Hong Kong General Management, Purchasing Director and Commercial Director in Germany
- Min. 10 years progressive experience in Purchasing & Sourcing with extensive experience in the lighting industry, preferably in a strategic setting in a mid to large size organization.
- Good understanding of electronics, alu-die casting, stainless steel and plastic injection commodities.
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in Business Administration with emphasis on Purchasing, Production/Operations Management, or Engineering or equivalent business experience.
- Strong computer skills, with long standing experience using Windows-based PC programs, especially Excel.
- Ability to coordinate multiple and international group efforts within the company to achieve objectives
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Good sourcing experience in the above stated commodity markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Experience working globally preferred.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines.
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements (Lean Management and SCM skills).
You may call 21902499 for enquiries.