Furrion is a fast growing company who specialize in modern design and manufacturer of Audio visual, Kitchen appliances and electrical products for USA and European markets. Furrion has a simple approach, we work hard, and we do this because we love it. Our end goal is making sure our customer's life is improved by using our products.
With offices in USA, UK, Hong Kong and China, Furrion supplies many large retailers with custom design and developing products. We have strategic alliances with some large UK retailers and have our own distribution network in USA.
We are currently looking for people who stand out in front of the crowd who are enthusiastic, loyal and passionate. Ambition builds great things, we at Furrion want to hear from the people who want to reach their goals and help us reach ours.
Head of Quality and Technology Operations
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004999825
- Develop quality assurance strategy, quality assurance management (QAM) system, implement, maintain and enhance the QAM system
- Meet quality requirements for company product categories from product development to manufacturing stage
- Implement supplier quality agreements and testing standards to ensure the quality objective is understood by all parties
- Take a leadership role in dealing with the quality issues or problems arising from suppliers and customers
- Lead and supervise the QA, QC teams, oversee day-to-day operations management, review staff performance periodically and improve capability and capacity of the whole department
- Provide training to the team members including quality engineers, technicians, QC teams so as to equip them with the necessary knowledge, skills to undertake the tasks under the QAM system
- Ensures that all production critical supplier issues are resolved in a timely manner and corrective actions are implemented.
- Supervise/ delegate to supervise quality check, in-line production quality inspection and final inspection
- Lead the team to ensure that ongoing site supplier evaluation is performed.
- Lead the team to verify and control the supplier’s process changes and raw material, packaging changes
- Lead SCAR-Supplier Corrective Action Request process for problem resolution and continuous improvement and root cause analysis investigations
- Act as a mentor to the team to create the Critical to Quality and lead the team to strive for excellence in quality management
- Review prototype sample and provide technical comments /solutions to project group
- Contribute and monitor progress for robust design, risk analysis, life test on all projects
- Alert management about quality issues, problems and provide advice and solutions
- Provide technical advice and share good practice to whole quality team
- Provide technical input to the project group (e.g. project group meeting, Prototype/ off-tool samples review, PP)
- Deal with ad-hoc duties as assigned by Line Manager
- Engineering degree background
- Quality professional with at least 8 years of relevant experience in trading company and manufacturer
- Possessing solid managerial experience in quality assurance, quality control, supplier quality management is preferable
- Willingness to stay in Dongguan 5 days per week is a must (Staff dormitory will be provided)
- Good knowledge in product development of home appliances/ audio visual/ power systems (from testing laboratory quality control, production etc.)
- Good knowledge of Quality standards in USA or EEC markets is a must (e.g. UL, ETL, CSA, CE, MEC)
- Possessing knowledge and experience in ISO9000, TS16949 is a plus
- Familiar with supplier system audit, process audit and product audit
- Familiar with factory process, Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proved ability to supervise a team of Mainland engineers and work with expatriate senior management
- Good command of spoken & written English and Putonghua
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail, organized, self-motivated and ability to work under pressure and tight schedule
- Immediate availability