It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s inspiring people to do more than they thought they could. It’s leading the way by rolling up your sleeves to accomplish a common goal. It’s taking a passion and turning into your vision. Belonging is what it feels like to work at Marriott. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is a global leading lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,400 properties in 87 countries and territories. The company operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts under 19 brands, including: The Ritz-Carlton®, Bulgari®, EDITION®, JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels®, Delta Hotels and Resorts®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Gaylord Hotels®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Courtyard®, Residence Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, Fairfield Inn & Suites®, TownePlace Suites®, Protea Hotels® and Moxy Hotels®. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together comprise nearly 55 million members.
Human Resources Administrator
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004831964
Based in HK (APAC) Continent Office, the incumbent’s scope of responsibilities supports both Talent Acquisition and HR Compliance and Investigation. General duties include providing COE administrative support, recruitment coordination and systems support, compliance performance and data analysis, report generation and translation of confidential documents.
Recruitment and Talent Management
- Master the Recruitment System to support interview process and generate assessment reports for review and analysis.
- Advertise openings in appropriate channels (internal and external, including social media platforms) to attract a diverse pool of talents.
- Liaise with hiring managers and candidates for interview arrangement.
- Make recommendations and offer solutions to enhance the associates’ interview experience.
- Conduct background and reference checks for hotel executive level associates
- Compile hotel reports and maintain an accurate and up-to-date database in the Talent Management System.
- Participate in ad hoc duties and projects assigned.
HR Compliance and Investigation
- Translate confidential documents from Chinese (Putonghua) to English and vice versa.
- Monitor and update the monthly BIL/ERL, Open Door Policy and weekly Fraud-HR case tracking register, performance analysis and closure status.
- Monitor and follow up completion of the bi-annual compliance report (HR Review) and annual compliance training (ES, FCPA & Harassment).
- Participate and coordinate roll out of compliance and employee relations initiatives and programs.
- Schedule appointments and meetings, coordinate travel and hotel arrangements, and submit expense reports and office administrative support for the COEs.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree/Diploma holder in Human Resources, Business Administration, Hotel and Tourism Management or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ exposure in a HR work environment. Candidate without the required exposure may be considered.
Skills and Competencies
- Hands on experience and familiarity with HRMS is a plus
- Highly organized, meticulous and eye for details
- Positive thinking, passion and motivated
- Can manage several assignments and tasks
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua)
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese Word Processing