The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charity working in 127 countries. Seeking to communicate the Gospel to individuals and to provide compassionate care to people at their time of need, The Salvation Army Hong Kong and Macau Command has been serving Hong Kong for over 80 years providing an extensive range of services which spans educational, social as well as Christian.
Human Resources Assistant - Educational Services Department (Ref. No.: HRA/ESD/9-16)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004782678
Employer Ref. HRA/ESD/6-16
Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Officer, the appointee will be involved in the human resources administration and daily operations of the department including responsibility to serve the needs and requirements of the Pre-School Education Services.
- Assist in handling full spectrum of HR operations
- Assist in implementing HR policies and procedures, ensure statutory requirements are complied with
- Assist in the set up and implementation of HRIS
- Assist in arranging staff orientation programme and activities
- General office administration
- Assist in ad hoc projects and perform other duties as assigned
- Understanding of the Christian faith, values and ethos of The Salvation Army
- Diploma or above in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related disciplines
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant working experience, experience in training and HRIS would be an advantage. Experience in education field is a plus.
- Familiar with relevant Ordinances relating to employment and education. Knowledge of Macau Labour Ordinance preferred.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Strong PC skills in using MS Office and web applications
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, detail-minded, independent, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A team player with good interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
- Handle sensitive information in confidential and professional manner
- Immediate availability is preferred
Terms of Appointment
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms for an initial period of 1 year.
Please apply with full resume, stating clearly current and expected salary, to the Human Resources Manager, The Salvation Army Hong Kong and Macau Command, 6/F Human Resources Department, 11 Wing Sing Lane, Yaumatei, Kowloon by quoting reference number on the envelope or click apply now to submit your application.
All information provided will be treated in strictest confidence & used for recruitment purpose only. All unsuccessful applications will be kept for a period of not longer than two years after completion of the recruitment exercise.