jobsDB ref: JHK100003004919402
Employer Ref. 6492908/001
Infrastructure Analyst - DevOps
To analyse, design, implement and validate strategies for continuous deployment to both host- and cloud-based infrastructure while ensuring high availability on both production and non-production systems. Also, the ability of this role to design and implement automated dynamic environments to support the needs of delivery teams, plus collaborate with functional and technical team members to develop deployment strategies for existing and new types of services, makes this an interesting functional role that helps bridge the gap across processes and teams. To work with IT Teams of different domains and manage IT professionals from infrastructure support services providers to perform transition, change management, release management, pro-active maintenance and service request to IT infrastructure and applications.
About the job
- Uses appropriate processes and tools to create systems, or services, on a technical infrastructure which supports business demands, which are resilient, secure and highly available
- Develops, drives and implements continuous improvement initiatives within own area in line with a High Performing Team
- Ensures smooth operation of B2C/B2E web/mobile infrastructure environment
- Manages high severity IT B2C/B2E web/mobile incidents during office and non-office hours.
- Establishes dev-ops process to improve the end-to-end delivery efficiency.
- Monitors and ensures compliance to corporate control standards for quality and security
- Takes responsibility for implementation of the technical part of plans, focusing on requirements and planning to meet or exceed internal client expectations
- Interface with other IT areas, sharing technical knowledge and expertise, and resolving issues as necessary, using specialist information to enable others to deliver
- Provide technical leadership and escalation support for the resolution of incidents and problems within the staging and test environments
- Provides expert level support in the area of technical specialization, ensuring prompt and accurate resolution of challenges
- Proactively draw out all types of requirements of the IT Infrastructure from stakeholders by using a variety of elicitation techniques (e.g. interviewing, modelling, and surveying)
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into details and distinguish users requests from the underlying business problems
- Obtain requirements signoff from both business and Information Management (IM) Stakeholders
- Communicate the proposed design solutions to the stakeholders and help to guide decisions regarding tradeoffs that impact the requirements
- To provide technical advice to Information Management (IM) colleagues on the use of the IT Infrastructure and integration of various business applications onto the company's Infrastructure
- Shows initiative and makes time available to ensure general technical competencies and specializations are kept up-to-date in line with industry developments for self and team
- Collaborate with other IM domains to drive business and technology innovation
- Keep abreast of the corporate strategy, business plan and latest industry trends
About the person
- Technical degree holder with minimum of 4 years IT experience
- Must have professional competency in B2C/B2E web/mobile infrastructure components, with a broad understanding of other current and emerging technologies
- Must have experience of developing solutions and making decisions for a team with only minimal management guidance and supervision
- Ability to listen and articulate ideas verbally, and in the written form, to a broad range of audiences; ability to ask probing questions and deliver presentations
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and critical thinking skills, leveraging both logic and creativity; strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills; ability to identify patterns and generate informed ideas
- Ability and willingness to proactively accept and drive change to accomplish positive collective outcomes
- Ability to understand strategy and align tactical and strategic work in a well-balanced way to achieve results
- With an intellectual curiosity that motivates you to keep on top of technical trends - but you also have deep knowledge in the tools of choice.
- Experience in supporting Linux/Unix deployments for a company with a high traffic site in the cloud.
- Experience in designing, monitoring and managing scalable and fault-tolerant deployments and supported them in real-world scenarios.
- Experience with continuous integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning of your infrastructure.
- Service-oriented, and enjoy working with engineers to make the software development process as painless as possible.
- Experience with Cloud/AWS, Tomcat, MySQL, Redis, Apache, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins , Terracotta, Adobe Experience Manager, Oracle Database and Vignette.
- Occasional non-office hour work will be required to support the smooth operation of B2C/B2E web/mobile infrastructure environment.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Robert Walters Hong Kong
About Robert Walters Hong Kong
Robert Walters is one of the world's leading global specialist recruitment consultancies. The Robert Walters brand stands for innovation, vision and leadership in the global recruitment market.
Robert Walters specializes in permanent and contract recruitment across all industry sectors and all levels of seniority, and count the world's leading investment banks, multinational blue-chip commercial organisations and innovative SMEs as clients. Our international network and global brand presence, along with our unrivaled professionalism and specialist knowledge, ensure that we offer only the highest quality of service to both our clients and candidates.
Established in London in 1985, the Group now operates across 24 countries. Robert Walters' Hong Kong office specializes in accounting & finance, banking & financial services, human resources & business support, information technology, legal & compliance, sales & marketing, as well as supply chain, logistics & procurement.
An award-winning business, Robert Walters has a proven track record of providing high quality recruitment services, and our success is further endorsed by the many awards we have won over the years.
For more information about Robert Walters Hong Kong, please visit www.robertwalters.com.hk.