AXA Technology Services Asia (HK) Limited
Created on 1 January 2002, AXA Technology Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of the AXA Group, established to provide IT infrastructure services to AXA companies worldwide. AXA Tech is based in 13 countries with a workforce of over 3,000 employees. AXA Technology Services serve 53 AXA Group companies in 24 countries in Europe, North America and Asia. It manages nearly 1 billion euros in IT spending for AXA group.
Infrastructure Specialist – Linux and Middleware
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004782329
This position requires in-depth knowledge to provide technical services incorporating strategy, design, development, delivery and maintenance of technology solutions to meet business needs.
The ideal candidate will provide engineering and technical support for the company’s platform to ensure maximum performance reliability and security.
The ideal candidate would also be responsible for the following:
- The candidate will be involved in planning, scoping, provisioning and maintenance phases of enterprise virtualized environment.
- Participate in projects as a subject matter expert contributing to proposal and scoping, solution design, installation, integration (to front-end applications) as well as subsequent administration of the deployed systems.
- This position is considered as a level 3 engineer focus on project implementation, and will provide coaching to L2 Linux engineers for day to day operational activities.
- Performs a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of servers to the specifications of client proposals.
- Managing assigned projects components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Provide business-as-usual system support in areas of monitoring, tuning, backups and patching.
- Participate in periodic audit reviews and remediation exercises.
- Ensure that systems are secured according to Global Information Security guidelines.
- Participate in ad-hoc tasks as and when assigned by his/her Supervisor.
The successful candidate should possess:
- A Degree in Computing, IT or Engineering from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Between 3-7 years of IT experience in an enterprise production environment. Experience with working in high-availability environments is a plus.
- Technical, analytical, interpersonal and organization skills required.
- Expert in Middleware technologies including but not limited to JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere, Apache, CA Siteminder, OpenLDAP, etc.
- Must possess strong hands on system administration experience on RedHat Enterprise Linux, clustered environment, experienced in shell scripting is a plus.
- Preferred but not a must to have strong working knowledge and good troubleshooting experience of VMWare and relevant enterprise technologies including: Windows Server, IIS, Active Directory and VMware View.
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal.
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes.
- A team player who can work independently with minimum supervision, experience in regional support scope will be an advantage.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to provide occasional after-business hours’ operational or project support when required.
- Strong system administration experience on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience in virtualization technology experience (Vmware)
- Experience in large heterogeneous Server infrastructure environment
- Familiarity with ITIL, and configuration, capacity and change management
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates. Interested parties, please send your detail resume with present and expected salary to us.
If you have any queries on this position, please feel free to contact us through email. All personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. All applicants’ information will be destroyed after 12 months.