SPI China (HK) Limited
Investment Analyst and Associate
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004997493
SPI Energy Co., Ltd. (Nasdaq: SPI) is a global provider of photovoltaic (PV) solutions for business, residential, government and utility customers and investors. SPI Energy focuses on the downstream PV market including the development, financing, installation, operation and sale of utility-scale and residential solar power projects in China, Japan, Europe and North America. The Company operates an innovative online energy e-commerce and investment platform, www.solarbao.com, which enables individual and institutional investors to purchase innovative PV-based investment and other products; as well as www.solartao.com, a B2B e-commerce platform offering a range of PV products for both upstream and downstream suppliers and customers. The Company has its operating headquarters in Shanghai and maintains global operations in Asia, Europe, North America and Australia.
We are looking for a couple of investment professionals to work directly with the senior management to evaluate investment opportunities that fit the company’s global business strategy, and manage the company’s investment portfolio both in China and overseas. Candidate must be knowledgeable and proficient in working with financial statements and have the ability to construct financial model.
- Participate fully in all aspects of investment transaction development and execution; including researching industries and companies, performing financial analysis, conducting due diligence, negotiating investment terms and conditions, and working with legal counsels to prepare and execute transaction documents
- Prepare investment memos for senior management
- Play active role in assets management, including providing periodic report and assessment of investments performance
- Construct and maintain financial models. This includes financial statement analysis, historical and projected, profitability metrics, margin analysis, and various ratio analyses
- Perform valuation analysis such as discounted cash flow analysis, dividend discount models, and other valuation calculations
- Strong work ethic, ability to take initiative, balance multiple tasks and manage time effectively
- Strong academic credentials and performance
- Bachelor’s or more advanced degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- A minimum of 3-year experience in financial analysis, and excellent analytical skills, preferably gained from working at investment banking, consulting, and/or investment funds.
- High degree of familiarity with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CapitalIQ and/or other research tools
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance, accounting, financial statements and valuation methodologies
- Ability to read, write and speak Mandarin and English fluently
- Team-oriented with excellent written/oral communication and organizational skills
- M&A origination and execution experience a plus
Interested parties please email full resume with current & expected salary, date available in MS Word format
(Applicants who are not invited for interview within 8 weeks should consider their applications unsuccessful.)