Armstrong-Hilton is a Western-owned editing and training company. We have a head count of 8 in the HK office with around 25 staff working remotely in Hong Kong and worldwide.
Most critically we are looking for an IT manager to help maintain these systems in their current state, as well as manage our office IT systems as a whole. In addition to this minimum, applicants with experience in managing software development to help further improve and add to these systems, or who have the technical abilities and are willing to take on the responsibility, will be viewed favourably.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004783167
Core Responsibilities & Skills
- Support office staff in using their systems
- Troubleshoot system problems concerning email, networking, firewalls etc.
- Communicate with users and vendors regarding problems and new product features
- Manage mail servers & mailing lists and assist in EDM mailers
- Back up the servers, manage software on office PCs & manage users on systems
- HTML, CSS
- PC hardware and networking setup
- CRM management such as Zoho, Salesforce etc.
- IT project management
- Content management systems for websites such as Joomla, Wordpress etc.
- Minimum 5 years IT experience
- Mature, with good inter-personal communication skills and time management
Advantageous but Non-Essential Skills
- Advise on improvements to systems - especially process automation
- Create mockups of changes to in-house systems
- Draft and communicate software designs to our offshore development teams
- Test new developments with in-house staff and development teams
- Report bugs and remedies to offshore development teams
- Basic Linux, Balsamiq, Axure, Photoshop or Illustrator skills
- PHP and Flash Actionscript skills
- Experience as a technical lead managing remote developers