Small Company. Big Products.
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people in a natural, intuitive way to the digital experiences they care about. We develop our products with a powerful blend of artistic design, surprising science, and innovation driven by consumer insight. Our consumer products are designed for popular computing devices--PCs and Macs, tablets and smartphones. Want to be part of this team of innovators?
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004837277
IT Specialist monitors and maintains the computer systems and networks. Duties includes installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
The position may also work within first or second-line support. The work is as much about understanding how information systems are used as applying technical knowledge related to computer hardware or software.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Communicating with internal clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, chat, email or remote tools to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Replacing parts as required;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers;
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
Knowledge and Abilities Required
- Ability to work effectively with all levels and in diverse environments;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment;
- Ability to rapidly resolve issues and recognize when escalation is necessary;
- Excellent customer service and an understanding of how IT is ultimately delivered to the Customer;
- A good Global team player;
- Ability to KT document everything related to works;
- Willing to learn and do knowledge sharing.
Degree holder in Computer Science or Information Technology relevant discipline;
At least 2-year IT work experiences;
Knowledgeable in Windows platforms, and Microsoft Office in a networked IT environment;
Experience in desktop imaging software, Anti-virus solutions, and desktop backup and recovery tools;
Proactive and self-motivated working attitude;
Effective communication in English and Chinese;
CCNA / MCSE or other IT certificate will be a plus.