Jaz Toys HK Limited
We are a USA Toy Company with an office in Tsim Sha Tsui that develops well known licensed consumer products. We are looking for high caliber professionals to join us.
IT Support Technician
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004921089
Office: Shenzhen/Hong Kong
Reports to: IT Manager
The IT Support Technician assists coworkers in resolving and/or troubleshooting IT problems in person, over the phone or via e-mail. For complex issues, this role identifies the appropriate IT group to provide specific resolution support and escalates the case as necessary. The Desktop Support Technician works on projects that range from setting up new users to implementing new technologies organizationally.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides first point of service technical IT support to the entire office workforce.
- Resolves system issues including coordination between users and other IT personnel.
- Escalates complex issues to senior level support.
- Maintains passwords, data integrity, and system security for the desktop environment.
- Simulates or recreate user issues to better understand and resolve reported problems.
- Installs, configures, and troubleshoots computers, printers and other peripherals.
- Performs preventative maintenance, testing, and repair of computer hardware.
- Evaluates system configurations and software to ensure effective use of hardware resources.
- Tests and troubleshoots network along with internet and proxy issues.
- Plans, organizes, and prioritizes outstanding issues.
- Identifies the nature of the issue and appropriate escalation team.
- Follows established procedures on daily work, occasionally utilizing best judgment when applicable.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Education/ Years of Related Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A+ certified preferred.
- Network+ certified preferred.
- 2 years of Help Desk or related technical experience.
- Working knowledge of PC hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and repair
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and software products.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 50 lbs., with or without assistance on occasion, and the ability to repetitively lift 20 lbs. unassisted.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours when necessary for special installations, implementations, and upgrades.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction.
- Detailed oriented.
- Good documentation skills.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Fluent in English.
Demonstrated ability to lift up to 50 lbs., with or without assistance on occasion, and the ability to repetitively lift 20 lbs. unassisted. This relates to computer equipment and other arrangements that may be necessary in the office. Will also be working with hand tools such as screwdrivers and wrenches.
Please send resume by clicking "APPLY NOW".
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.