Endeavour Search specializes in the recruitment and placement of high quality talents in key positions within the IT, Digital/UX, Management Consulting, Industrial, Medical/Healthcare, FMCG and HR functions.
Our comprehensive regional network and specialized database allows us to perform targeted and accurate searches, covering the Asia Pacific region with our core focus on Hong Kong, China and Singapore.
For more information, please visit our corporate website at www.endeavourasia.com
JAVA Architect - Technical Lead
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004995445
General Description of the Position
Our client is a global business services provider operating within industry sectors in healthcare, logistics, apparel, consumer electronics, IT and retail consumer products
Reporting directly to company CTO, the job holder will oversees, plan, direct and coordinate the organizational activities of individuals responsible for conceptualizing, designing and implementing business and technical information technology solutions.
He/she shall coach and counsel team members to translate customer and organizational objectives and critical success factors into actionable technology strategies. Ensures the use of most updated and broadly recognized technologies for both in-house or business projects.
In addition, he/she would ensure the design and development of integrated software systems and products to support the achievement of end customers’ business needs.
Job Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance Core development framework
- Plans, directs and delivers Product/Application Development and/ enhancement duties for existing and new products or services.
- Monitors and ensures resolutions of performance issues including troubleshooting in software development processes and implement client requirements.
- Interface with internal and external resources to address technical concerns and recommend solution for technical problems.
- Defines project scope, project requirement, plan and deliverable including cost projections and proposed implementation dates.
- Performs risk assessment and works out mitigation plan for management.
- Coaches and provides technical leadership to others on the application of new technologies, appropriate system development methodologies.
- Responsible for application implementation in supply chain visibility consultancy project.
- University graduate with a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. Postgraduate qualification is an advantage
- Minimum of 5-8 years’information systems design, software development, IT management and project management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’experience in team management of medium-sized software team and with track record in leading the delivery of complex system development projects
- Excellent knowledge and working experience in Java development, especially in Spring + Hibernate + AJAX, HTML5, Java Script framework development.
- Knowledge and working experience in other key technologies, like: .NET, Portal, API, in-memory database, digital, Internet of Things (IoT) will be an advantage.
- Familiar and skillful in Spring Framework 4.0
- EJB3.0 and Hibernate ORM
- Model View Controller (MVC) development framework in Struts or Spring WEB flow
- Familiar of using Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Familiar of using Maven for Java library versions and dependences management
- Familiar with SVN source code repository management
- Java Script Object development experience with familiar of using Bootstrap+jQuery for mobile responsive web front end development
- Familiar of using XML, XML schema (XSD) and JSON / JSON-LD for system integration
- Familiar of using JBOSS and Wildfly application server on Linux platform
- Previous experience in developing supply chain and traceability system, product information system and knowledge of various IT standards will be an advantage.
- Strong team player who can work under pressure, independently and proactively
- Excellent communication, presentation, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in both spoken and written English and Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese)
To apply, please send your CV in word document to peter(at)endeavourasia.com or call Peter at 39561828 for a confidential discussion.