On the Road Experiences
We are a tour operator, Luxury Driving Experience, based in Hong Kong. We are an Australian, Hong Kong and Swiss-owned company. At the heart of our services lie high-value, small-group, guided self-driving journeys, some of which combine the pleasures of driving with other themes such as photography, hiking, and “foodie” experiences.
- In essence, our goal is to introduce our guests to hidden gems of cultural and scenic beauty, far away from the busy tourist trails
- Our journeys take place in Asia (mostly China and neighbouring countries such as Lao, Thailand, Vietnam and soon Burma) and in Europe (mostly the Alpine region countries).
- Our customers are 50% Asian and 50% “Western”.
What does On the Road Experiences stand for?
Our promise to our customers is to
- take them on Back Roads so they can get away from the crowds
- give them Front-Row Seats so they can experience local cultures up-close-and-personal
- give them a glimpse Behind the Curtain so they can see how things really are
- introduce them to Hidden Gems of cultural and scenic beauty
We are explorers who
- above all love driving journeys for the freedom and privacy they offer
- follow our heart, seize the day and resonate with Ralph Waldo Emerson’s dictum: “Don't follow where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”
- seek out and thrive on the discovery of little-known and original experiences,
- enjoy luxury (and little luxuries) and yet are happy to move ourselves occasionally out of our comfort zone in exchange for profound and lasting memories
- love to share, and
- are characterized by genuineness, caring, commitment and a sense of humor – really!
Journey Host & Event Manager
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004921010
For the selected candidate, joining On the Road Experiences is an opportunity to
- help build an innovative travel company that offers demanding customers unique holiday experiences;
- get to travel in and develop in-depth knowledge of beautiful regions in Asia and Europe;
- help change travellers perceptions of what China and Europe is like and bridge a gap in understanding that is bound to get only wider in the years ahead.
The role is intended to be a part-time/freelance role whereby compensation is based on the number of journeys you host. Depending on your interest and performance, this could evolve into a full-time role.
Each of our journeys is, in effect, an “event”. The selected candidate’s primary role will be to manage these travel events and act as the host for our guests. This will involve:
- Before each journey
- Familiarize yourself with the itinerary and the profiles of the customers joining the journey
- As required, assist our Operations team in making preparations for the journey
- During each journey
- Arrive at the departure city/location 1-2 days before the journey start date and make necessary preparations before customers arrive as agreed for each journey (e.g., making supply purchases)
- Lead/work with other members of the journey crew to ensure the flawless operation of the journey, leaving our customers happy, satisfied and excited to join another journey in the future
- Your main responsibilities include:
- Journey leadership
- Customer service and relationship management
- Group dynamics management
- Team leadership and management
- After each journey
- Passing customer feedback to our operations group
- Passing any newly gained journey-related information to our operations group
- Before you host the first journey on your own, we will provide training and you will need to familiarize yourself with the company’s itineraries (e.g., hotels, routes, activities) – what we offer – and our guiding service delivery principles – how we do what we do.
- Depending on your interest and availability, you may also get involved in supporting our product development and research activities.
As a successful candidate, you will probably have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a service industry (for example, Travel, Event Management, Hotel/Hospitality or similar), have travelled extensively and/or currently live in one of the regions of our itineraries. Perhaps you have been involved in or have led outward-bound activities.
Frankly, there will be no single path that would have led you to become a qualified journey host. So, if you feel you are qualified, let’s talk!
- have a personality that is instantly recognizable as a lead (whom others willingly follow)
- have an adventurous spirit and traveled extensively in the regions where you will be hosting our clients
- have an innate desire to share experiences with others, to serve customers and to thrive on making travel enjoyable for others
- show strong evidence of being equally at ease connecting with demanding Asian as well as Western customers who are used to individual and full-service travel
- have a demonstrated ability to manage teams
- be recognized for inspiring confidence in others and remaining calm in emergency situations
- have a personality that
- balances enthusiasm, friendliness, and informality with reliability, trustworthiness and safety,
- strives to do everything in the best possible way without being pretentious,
- is open and honest: you do what you say, you say what you do
- inspires confidence in our customers and respect in our staff
- is very outgoing and exuberant to infect others with the passion we have for our journeys
- subscribe to these core management principles of our company
- completely open communication
- keeping promises/commitments
- no such thing as “this is not my job”
- be hands-on, highly flexible and have a can-do attitude
- be creative, quick-thinking and quick-learning
- have outstanding communications skills – proactive and complete
- very good written and spoken English, and
- for our Asian journeys: a good command of Mandarin
- for our European journeys: fluent in Mandarin and at least one other European language (e.g., French, Italian, German)
- have a driving license
- have driving experience and evidently enjoy driving holidays
Upon request, the candidate will be able to submit references.
Website: www.ontheroadexperiences.com or send Resume and Cover Letter by clicking APPLY NOW.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.