GP Strategies (Hong Kong) Limited
GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies’ solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers. Additional information may be found at www.gpstrategies.com
Junior Learning Consultant
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004995105
Assist in the deployment of learning services and solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Help build relationships with business and operational leads and ensure that learning is represented as part of any business change.
- Consult with a wide variety of stakeholders to understand operational performance and learning needs and translate these into robust learning objectives.
- Use appropriate challenge to test business requirements to ensure that requirements are suitably aligned to business needs.
- Influence stakeholders to ensure that learning is central to managing business performance.
- Advise the business on the most appropriate learning interventions and methodologies, together with advice on how these can be best procured.
- Liaise with stakeholders and GP colleagues to ensure that learning needs and global/regional programmes are efficiently and effectively deployed within Hong Kong.
- Following contracting, manage the day-to-day relationship with vendors and escalate any issues.
- Ensure that service requests are raised within the territory and are fully completed.
- Monitor service provision, course cancellations, occupancy rates and evaluation scores for all programmes within the territory.
- Ensure that all required reporting is delivered accurately and on time within the month and that the service delivers to the SLA/KPI requirements of the MSA and LSA.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that appropriate quality assurance processes are in place, and that the delivered learning achieves the expected business objectives.
- To evaluate, pilot and deploy solutions for effectiveness.
- Evaluate and screen business issues or business change initiatives to assess the need for performance analysis/diagnosis.
- Develop and present to the business proposed learning strategies and recommend other non-training interventions.
- To participate in the staff development programme within the framework of IIP and within the agreed individual staff development plan
- To ensure that the Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and Quality Operating Policies and Procedures are adhered to within your area of responsibility and that any non-compliance is reported to your Manager.
- To ensure that the Corporate Values of the Company are actively promoted and implemented at all times.
- To support a culture that promotes teamwork and discourages divisiveness at all organisational levels.
- To act in accordance with your confidentiality agreement with the company at all times.
- To communicate with internal and external agencies, staff, customers, management and peers in a manner appropriate to your position at all times.
- To make decisions and implement actions, involving customers, employees, suppliers, partners and peers, which are in accordance with the values of the Company
Education and Experience:
- At least 2 years of working experience in the Learning and Development field with a Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship skills
- Systematic thinking and understanding