R. Norton and Associates Limited
International Engineering & Construction Recruiters
R. Norton & Associates Ltd is an established engineering and construction recruitment company offering specialist search and consulting services to clients and candidates throughout the world.
Our recruitment services cover the full spectrum of positions from senior management to skilled technicians for posts in heavy industries such as oil and gas, power, etc., civil engineering and the building industry.
RNA's in-depth industry knowledge and long term relationships with all of the major contactors in Hong Kong and throughout the region means that through your job application with RNA your resume will land on the appropriate Project Manager or Hiring Manager's desk.
Junior QA/QC Engineers
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004917107
Employer Ref. CL
- Performing the daily QC responsibilities of 3RS DCM C3202 project to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the established minimum standards.
- Direct oversight and review of the entire documentation and physical inspection phase of the work flow process and working with other project site office personnel (e.g.: Project Managers, superintendents, etc.) and external personnel to produce and document a quality product.
- Perform all of the major QC activities required to construct the project at hand and to provide in a timely manner the written documentation
- Create, update and maintain the project submittal log and all other project specific quality control reports
- Review drawings and submittals for conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others in the project team when necessary
- Arrange and document weekly QC meetings with the superintendent and provide written minutes as described in project specific contract documents
- Provide written daily QC reports that reinforce activities that are being constructed in conformance with each specific project's established standard and constructively confronts non-conformances to produce the desired outcome in a timely manner
- Verify and document that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal
- Conduct preconstruction meetings with new and existing subcontractors and the superintendent to discuss issues that affect quality. Document these meetings in the daily QC report and Preparatory Phase reports
- Schedule, document the results of, and maintain a log of all code and independent inspections that are required.
- Conduct periodic follow-up inspections to verify that work is proceeding with the contract documents and the approved submittals.
- Document and distribute pre-punchlists, punchlists and the completion of these lists
- Maintain the project "as-built" drawings on a daily basis
- Assemble and forward project closeout documents that include manuals, as-builts and warranties
- Resolve matters that affect safety, quality and/or inhibit the logical progress of work
- B.S. degree in engineering or construction management and 4-6 years of direct experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in the construction industry with a commercial and/or industrial general contractor engaged in general civil construction projects while it is highly considered with the major experiences with soil improvement, soil cement, Diaphragm wall, deep cement mixing or marine construction works;
- Strong working knowledge of civil work;
- Strong knowledge of the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules;
- Good understanding of project change administration and the effect of the quality aspects of the project;
- Solid understanding of means and methods of construction for civil project work;
- Proficient with computer software used in the construction industry
Please email CVs (as a WORD document) including Expected Salary and Notice Period.