Junior Systems Engineer
ACR Trading Asia Limited
jobsDB ref: JHK100003005219931
The Systems Engineer will report to the Chief Systems Officer and be responsible for user/desktop support, being the initial contact for general Systems issues. This role will be expected to grow over time to be able to deal with most Systems and Networking issues independently.
- Primary contact for user/desktop support. Duties include account setup, desktop provisioning, installation of software packages & modules (Python, Ruby, R, etc), phone & printing issues, general troubleshooting, etc.
- Manage our servers across multiple data centers, including BIOS tunings & ILO configurations, OS installation & upgrade, host configurations via our configuration management system, additional setup/configurations not yet scripted, etc.
- Report problems to telco and service providers, provide regular updates to the team, and coordinate/work with team members to resolve issues.
- Work with data center providers and brokers on provisioning servers and connectivity. Work with brokers and exchanges on exchange access.
- Develop scripts to automate systems tasks.
- Deploy monitoring scripts and write custom checks as needed.
- Perform database administration duties, including setup and configurations, access control, data import and export, monitoring, replication and backups, etc.
- Perform storage-related tasks, including adding more capacity, freeing up disk space, monitoring, reporting, etc.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid experience with Linux systems
- DNS, LDAP, SMB, NFS, SMTP and Apache
- Knowledge of some scripting languages (BASH, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc)
- Knowledge of enterprise storage (DAS, NAS, SAN, etc)
- Experience in customer support
- Debian / Ubuntu Linux
- Some hands-on experience with networking (Cisco)
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to ACR Trading Asia Limited
About ACR Trading Asia Limited
Athena Capital Research (registered "ACR Trading Asia Limited) is a NY-based multi-national quantitative investment manager, specializing in automated trading strategies. Drawing upon our strengths in technology and finance, we combine talent and creativity to achieve success in the growing field of automated trading. The Hong Kong office is Athena’s Asia headquarters and manages the firm’s highly successful Asia-focused strategies. This office represents a rapidly expanding part of the firm and we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our elite team.