Rabobank Hong Kong
Rabobank is an international financial services provider operating on the basis of cooperative principles. It offers retail banking, wholesale banking, private banking, leasing and real estate services. As a cooperative bank, Rabobank puts customers’ interests first in its services. It serves approximately 8.8 million clients around the world. Rabobank Group is comprised of Coöperatieve Rabobank U.A. (Rabobank) and its consolidated subsidiaries in The Netherlands and abroad. It is committed to making a substantial contribution to welfare and prosperity in the Netherlands and to feeding the world sustainably.
We put the interests and ambitions of our customers and members first. With nearly two million members, we are one of the largest cooperatives in the Netherlands. And our members are more than just customers. They have a voice in deciding the bank's strategic course.
KYC Specialist/Deputy Manager, Client Onboarding (KYC/CDD)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004992005
This is a key role within Client Onboarding Operations.
Initial focus will be to provide subject matter expertise to assist the COB manager in current remediation efforts to bring existing CDD documentation up to current AML standards. This will involve hands on review of all CDD files, extensive facing with the responsible account officers to close the gap between existing documentation and current standards, liaising with local Compliance on rollout of policy changes and ad hoc issues and providing quality MIS to relevant parties in a timely manner.
The individual is also expected to assist in the implementation of changes in AML policies and incorporation of changes into working procedures and putting an appropriate change and control governance framework in place.
Through time, the role should cover the full spectrum of client onboarding including ensuring FATCA and CRS compliance and AML transaction monitoring.
- Review all CDD files (new and existing) submitted for completeness and quality of documentation against current policy standards
- Perform checking and full KYC review on CDD files to ensure compliance with AML/CDD policies and procedures
- Follow up and provide guidance to responsible account officers on acceptable standards
- Conduct sanction/background screening, trigger periodic CDD reviews as well as event driven reviews when needed
- Monitor progress on CDD reviews to ensure timely completion
- Provide MIS on progress of CDD reviews
- Update and maintain all relevant client information into client database
- KYC Risk Assessment/Classification
- Customer Due Diligence
- FATCA/CRS client onboarding
- Perform data reconciliation between KYC system and selected downstream product admin systems to ensure data integrity
- Relevant degree in Business/ Law/ Finance
- At least 6-8 years solid experience in AML/KYC review and 2-3 years should be in a Checker role or working in KYC Quality Assurance.
- Able to provide guidance and support on Enhanced Due Diligence cases.
- Familiar with Client Onboarding process and the associated Client Lifecycle maintenance events.
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written), Cantonese and/or Putonghua.
Strong discipline in record keeping and maintenance.
- Quick starter, able to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of different functions and levels of seniority.
- Ability to identify potential issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.