True Religion which is headquartered in California was founded in 2002 with the intention of redefining premium denim through an emphasis on fit, quality and style. Over a decade later, while the brand has evolved within the marketplace, it remains committed to achieving excellence in authentic American-made, superior-fitting denim with a trendsetting appeal for today’s consumer.
Lead QA Auditor- Contractor
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004832240
SUMMARY: Supports True Religion’s Quality Assurance initiatives in the Corporate office. Performs product inspections, vendor audits according to TR’s standards. Audit’s the Vendor for compliance to TR’s process and procedural expectations and requirements. Provides cross-functional communication and feedback to Sourcing, Quality Assurance, Design and Production counterparts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Ensure that True Religion quality standards are clearly understood and maintained at all Vendors.
- Work with Director to plan for optimum field coverage and conduct audits according to the TR Strategic Quality Audit Plan (SQAP) in order to provide accurate, objective and conclusive Vendor performance information for analysis.
- Conducts statistical audits of in-process and finished products at various TR manufacturing facilities and subcontractors and enters Final Audit results into VQR. Database.
- Assist in the Development and implementation of CAPs (Corrective Action Plans) with Vendors. Discuss quality evaluation with plant management, monitor and provide feedback goal completion.
- Introduces and trains, certifies and maintains True Religion audit programs at factories.
- Assist in Design and implementation of proactive quality prevention systems with Vendors. Verify effectiveness of the quality system through audits.
- Cross-functionally communicate with all parties, shares best practices and submits timely reports.
- Monitors Vendor’s performance through Vendor Quality Reports (VQR’s) and Vendor Performance Assessment Reports as measured by True Religion SQAP.
- Participates in product qualification process and ensure proper pre-production processes are carried out at the factory (PP Sample and PP Meeting).
- Ensures Vendor has implemented proper processes and procedures for monitoring of raw materials components quality and compatibility prior to production.
- Maintains information integrity and monitors/addresses Vendor data trends.
- Works with QA Director to evaluate, approve, train, and certify existing Vendor as well as new Vendors on a planned timeframe during start-up period.
- Participates and support projects and initiatives that may be assigned.
- Provide timely feedback of events occurring in the country and / or factory that may have a significant effect to Purchase Orders that have been placed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree preferred, and 10 or more years’ experience in apparel manufacturing and auditing. Strong background in quality procedures/processes, and industry standards.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Independent, strong attention to detail, and follow up. Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks. Excellent communication skills with solid people skills and a real team player approach. Ability to be assertive without being offensive. Self-motivated, works under own direction. Ability to work well under pressure. Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Outlook). Ability to travel if required.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence in English as well. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, etc.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb and stoop. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The essential functions of the job are usually performed in an environmentally controlled facility. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested parties are invited to send full resume with your expected salary via APPLY NOW.
All applications will be used for recruitment purpose only.