CompareAsiaGroup is the leading personal finance comparison service in Asia.
On our websites across APAC, consumers can easily and quickly compare rates and services of insurance providers, banks and telecommunications providers.
We help consumers save time and money by finding the best products for their needs, with the vision to become the “tripadvisor” of personal finance.
We give the power back to the consumer by increasing financial education, market transparency and country-wide, & mobile access to financial products.
The CompareAsiaGroup is a 200 people team in 7 countries in Asia. Since inception in 2013 the group has established a strong market position with over 50 partners in Asia, latest technology and marketing platforms as well as strong management teams. www.compareasiagroup.com
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Asia as we revolutionize the financial industry by using technology.
Legal & Compliance Manager
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004834381
Your goals will be to
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance in 7+ markets through active management and oversight
- Manage intellectual property of Group companies
- Drive legal and regulatory strategy in connection with our expansion in the region
To achieve your goals with us you will
- Work closely with our Chief Financial Officer to oversee all legal and compliance aspects of the Group across the APAC region
- Conduct research in all APAC markets
- Develop, implement and monitor compliance policies and best practices
- Prepare, review and administer contractual / commercial agreements of the group
- Provide advice on entity structuring and formation and intellectual property issues
- Manage legal advisors, corporate secretaries and regulatory relationships
- Support in corporate transactions (e.g. M&A, capital raising)
You should be
- A graduate in law from a reputable university and have a minimum of 3 – 5 years of relevant legal experience
- Strong experience in drafting and reviewing legal contracts / commercial agreements
- A strong understanding of the operations of a typical in-house legal department
- Well versed in working with company secretarial practices in Hong Kong and overseas jurisdictions
- 2+ years of compliance experience preferred, but not essential
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility, detail-oriented, able to work under pressure and able to accomplish tasks under tight schedules
- Fluent in English (oral and written) with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in corporate law, intellectual property, IT, ecommerce, finance, and/or insurance is a plus!
Why working with us?
- Join a winning team: We are an experienced, high-caliber management team that previously built the largest Asian e-commerce businesses (Zalora, Lazada) and financial comparison market leaders around the world (Moneysupermarket, Comparis and Kelkoo) as well as has experience in top management consultancy, banking and insurance in Asia.
- Learn like you've never learned before and grow within a young company experiencing rapid growth.
- Work hard & play hard culture - A fast-pace, high intensity yet friendly working environment.
- Having an impact: Work shoulder to shoulder with everyone on the team, including the senior management team and get involved in making decisions.
- Be international: We are from over 20 different nationalities and have the passion to build, conquer and win.
- It’s a goal worth winning! – help build the #1 personal finance comparison site in Asia. Get the buzz from a team that has high ambition!
... because helping people is a feeling money can't buy!
Please send us your résumé, examples of your best achievements or anything else that demonstrates your interest and ability by clicking "Apply Now".