Ping An of China Asset Management (HK) Co., Ltd. ("PAAMC HK"), established in May 2006, is a subsidiary under Ping An Overseas Holdings. Registered in Hong Kong, it has a registered capital of HKD 145 million. As the major entity responsible for the overseas investment management business of Ping An Group, PAAMC HK accepts investment management mandates from other subsidiaries of the Group, and also provides investors at home and abroad with various overseas investment products, as well as external asset management services. Since March 2007, PAAMC HK has licenses of RA (Regulated Activity) 9 and RA 4, therefore it can engage in asset management services, and advise on securities.
Taking the core business philosophy of “professionalism and value”, while following the essence of Chinese and western culture of “all-inclusiveness and openness” since its establishment, PAAMC HK has years of experience in global investment by taking advantage of Hong Kong’s position as an international financial centre. Now, we are looking for a high-powered and motivated individual to join our team of talented professionals based in Hong Kong. The position offers plenty of opportunities for initiative and advancement as the team’s scope evolves in step with regulatory and economic developments.
Legal & Compliance Manager
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004920251
- Primarily responsible for legal review and drafting of legal documentation to mitigate legal risk to the Company;
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken;
Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management;
Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff;
- Assist in review and advice to management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures;
- Review and draft contracts, agreements to ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Assist Head of Legal & Compliance to formulate compliance policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance;
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly;
- Act as backup to Head of Compliance and prepare requisite filings to regulator.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management’s attention;
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities;
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and provide advice on mitigating legal risks.
Degree Holder in Law or related discipline;
Minium 5 years’ all round legal and compliance experience in financial institutions, with a proven track record in contract negotiation and drafting;
knowledge of the legal aspects of capital markets;
Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government / regulatory and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration;
Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior level management on highly technical matters;
Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
Strong knowledge of prevailing financial service regulatory requirements (SFC) and the related market trends as well as working knowledge of financial products and the business workflow;
Well-versed in SFO and other relevant ordinances and regulations;
Good PC knowledge in MS Office, Excel & Chinese word processing;
Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, Mandarin is a must.
We offer an attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects for the right candidate. Interested parties please send full resume with current and expected salary to our HR Department by clicking "APPLY NOW".
~ All information collected is for recruitment purpose only and will be kept in strictly confidence. ~