L'Oreal Hong Kong Limited
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004832205
Employer Ref. 24774
This is a great opportunity for a mid-level legal professional in private practice, ideally in a corporate or commercial department, or already in-house for a FMCG or a retailer, to use their knowledge and experience in a broad and varied in-house role presenting a wide range of challenges. In a legal function which is seen as a real partner to the business, this is a great chance to gain exposure to practical challenges requiring both legal knowledge and commercial acumen. You will report to the General Counsel Asia Pacific Zone.
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting all types of contracts and legal documents, including a large portfolio of tenancy agreements
- Advising the operational and functional departments in all areas of law (advertising, commercial, competition, corporate, IT, IP, privacy, employment and property)
- Increasing operational and functional departments’ awareness of Group best practices and policies
- Providing legal monitoring and optimizing legal security/compliance: reporting legal documents and litigations, compulsory standards, and develop new processes to secure operations
- Managing disputes in relation with the relevant departments and external counsels
- Monitoring intellectual property issues, counterfeit matters and brand protection
- Training the operational and functional departments on relevant aspects of law
- Liaising with the Group counsels based in Paris
- Qualified solicitor in Hong Kong (5 years or more PQE) – qualification in another Common Law jurisdiction will be considered
- Strong demonstrable and relevant track record of advising on legal issues
- Fluency in Cantonese and English
- Excellent communication (written and spoken), negotiation and presentational skills
- Strategic thinker with ability to move effortlessly between strategy, implementation and tactical opportunities
- Ability to rapidly digest and distil complex issues and formulate strategy / responses
- Ability to establish, exploit and influence effective networks at all levels
- Confident, persuasive individual capable of managing and resolving difficult situations
- Highly organised with prioritisation skills
About L'Oreal Hong Kong Limited
A THRILLING EXPERIENCE, A CULTURE OF EXCELLENCE
At L’Oréal we empower people who are ready to take bets, think out of the box, defend their convictions, be resilient and leave their own mark.
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 28 international brands include Kiehl’s, Lancôme, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Yves Saint Laurent Beauté, Ralph Lauren, Clarisonic, Maybelline New York, Essie, Kérastase, Biotherm, Shu Uemura, Viktor&Rolf, Maison Martin Margiela, Urban Decay, Redken, Vichy, La Roche-Posay, Diesel, Garnier, The Body Shop, L’Oréal Paris, and more.
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted itself solely to one business: beauty. The group's mission is to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to women and men around the world with respect for their diversity.
We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition for the coming years is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires.
L’Oréal Hong Kong, subsidiary of L’Oréal Group, has been present in Hong Kong for 30 years. As the world leader in cosmetics and beauty products, we offer a wide portfolio of impressive, famous, quality brands and products to consumers in Hong Kong and Macau.
For more information, please visit us at http://www.loreal.com/
L’Oréal Hong Kong Limited