The recruitment department of the French Chamber of Commerce is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specializing in the recruitment of permanent positions and executive search to prestigious clients.
Our mission is to present the best talents to our clients MNC, small & medium sized enterprises, and help job seekers to find their dream job covering following sectors:
- Finance & Accounting
- Merchandising & Manufacturing
- IT & Engineering
- Human Resources & Administration
- Sales & Marketing
- Procurement & Supply Chain
- Retail and luxury industry
Please visit our website: www.fccihk.com for more details about us.
The recruitment department of the French Chamber is looking urgently for: Legal Officer
Legal Officer - Mobile Accessories
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004835516
Our client, a leading mobile accessories company, is looking for a dynamic, motivated and versatile Legal Officer.
- Providing overall legal supervision and guidance to the Company, including but not limited to matters related to clients, suppliers, licensees, merchandising, marketing, promotions and events relating to the Company's brand and products. This shall include drafting, revising and support negotiating commercial contracts.
- Assisting launch, authorization and registration of Company's new products
- Liaising closely with the Company's Management and Operational teams, to ensure the use of appropriate terms and conditions, appropriate protection of the Company's intellectual property and compliance with laws, regulations and policies
- Manage the company’s litigation and disputes in liaison with the Management and external counsels
- Monitoring of legal requirements and regulations affecting Company operations and ensure all policies and practices are in compliance with legislative requirements.
- Support and maintain professional relations with external service providers and external counsels.
- Maintain properly updated company data and legal data base
- Assisting the CFO with any business, governance and other corporate registration, including keeping up-to-date with relevant laws, regulations and policies
- Perform company secretarial matters including but not limited, announcements, circulars, board papers, board minutes and resolutions and organize board and shareholders meetings;
- Maintain minutes books, corporate and statutory records and database in a systematic and effective way
Requirements – Skills and abilities
- LLB Degree and Above
- 4-6 years' experience in a similar role either in Legal Management, preferably gained from an international company; international law firm or international brand, with emphasis on intellectual property, marketing, commercial trading/distribution and/or branded-related matters
- Solid experience with HK laws landscape and applicable regulations
- US laws exposure is a BIG plus
- Exposure to Intellectual Property Management is an advantage
- Excellent oral and written English, Cantonese & Mandarin or other European languages area plus
- Open to expatriate with mandatory work experience in Asia
- High attention to detail, able to work efficiently and effectively in a pressurized and fast changing environment.
- Must be well organized and have good analytical skills
- Immediate availability is highly preferred
- Willing to learn and take over new responsibilities in the Company
- Trustworthy, fair, with high integrity and ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
- Confident, self-motivated with strong sense of responsibility, able to use own judgment, take initiative and make day to day decisions
- Energetic and hard-working, willing to take a hands-on role and able to multi-task, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Accessible, a good listener, observant and able to identify and defuse any people issues that may affect the team in a bigger way
- Enjoys working in a diverse culture environment