iKas International is a global company with offices in Europe and Asia. We are a specialist recruitment consultancy focused on the financial markets, specifically major blue chip investment banks and their retail banking functions; niche trading houses; hedge funds and consultancies. We have an in-depth understanding of all the markets we work in.
Linux Server Specialist - Financial Services - Hong Kong
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004999654
My client, a Global Investment Firm are looking to hire a Linux Server Specialist to join their expanding team based here in Hong Kong. You will be working closely with key internal and regional stakeholders on ongoing BAU/Support duties.
- Linux server system administration on 5.x, 6.x, 7.x
- Set up and install new servers and virtual environment
- Identify and resolve virtualization related system problems and performance issues
- Perform troubleshooting activities on production servers off-hours (nights or weekends) if required to minimize impact to operations
- Administer Linux Servers running VMware ESX
- Troubleshoot server and workstation software and hardware
- Support the back office and application servers
- Perform hardware upgrades and swaps
- Interface with customer, users, and external vendors as necessary
- Maintain knowledge base of current technology with continuous self-study
- Assist a global team in the administration of the company's server environment. Required to cross administer, implement, support, and troubleshoot complex problems in the following environments: VMWare, UNIX
- Implementing on-going infrastructure maintenance and improvements
- Participate in on-call support rotation (maximum 1-week per month).
- Providing timely server recovery
- Building, re-installing, and upgrading servers
- Management of Global server infrastructure to defined standards
- Schedule and document regular changes according to company's change management rules & guidelines
- Ensure that production environment is kept stable and efficient
- Adherence to documented governance guidelines
- Propose, document and implement new enhancements as required
- Liaison with applications, database groups etc. on server related matters, providing technical advice & guidance as appropriate.
- Provide at all times an excellent, fast and responsive service to other teams
- ITIL process adherence (change, release, incident, problem management)
- Exposure on managing big server environment and responsible for L2-L3 level activities
- Exposure to VMware environments will be an added plus
Technical Experience/Technical Knowledge:
- Must have hands on UNIX administration experience on Red Hat Linux
- Must be familiar with the HP server ranges
- Experience with Veritas VCS, VxVM and VxFS
- Experience with Server virtualization solutions (preferably VMWare) would be highly beneficial
- Experience working with EMC & NetApp storage solutions would be an advantage
- Experience Shell Scripting/Perl for developing system administration tools is essential
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a Global Investment Firm. Please send your resume in Word format to Perry Tang ptang[at]ikasinternational.com with Linux Server in the subject header.