The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charity working in 128 countries. Seeking to communicate the Gospel to individuals and to provide compassionate care to people at their time of need, The Salvation Army Hong Kong and Macau Command has been serving Hong Kong for over 85 years providing an extensive range of services which spans educational, social as well as Christian.
We are now inviting a high caliber professional to fill the following position:
Literary Manager (Reference No.: LM/LD/10-16)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004832091
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance the impact and effectiveness of The Salvation Army’s publications
- Plan, organize and manage all literary works / projects in the Command. Lead and drive related parties to accomplish the projects according to preset timeline and expected outcomes.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of all publications, official documents, and resource information as well as their alignment with the theology and mission of The Salvation Army.
- To ensure compliance with copyright or related legislations for our publications and any multimedia materials.
- Prepare annual report of the Literary team for compilation of the Command annual report.
- Prepare summary report of the Command for the International Headquarters to be compiled into the Year Book as advised by Leadership.
- Organise related programmes such as Composition contest, Writing Seminars, etc.
- Act as Secretary of Literary Board.
- Conduct performance management and feedback coaching for staff of Literary team.
- Perform other legitimate duties assigned.
- University degree in Journalism/Language/Communication or related discipline; minimum 6 years’ relevant experience of which 3 years are at senior level; proven managerial experience
- Strong project management and people management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Chinese and English
Terms of Appointment
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms for an initial period of 2 years.
Please apply with full resume, stating clearly current and expected salary, to the Group Human Resources Director, The Salvation Army Hong Kong and Macau Command, 6/F Human Resources Department, 11 Wing Sing Lane, Yaumatei, Kowloon by quoting reference number on the envelope or click apply now below.
All information provided will be treated in strictest confidence & used for recruitment purpose only. All unsuccessful applications will be kept for a period of not longer than two years after completion of the recruitment exercise.