Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
Manager, ALCO / Balance Sheet Management, Finance
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004993702
Employer Ref. 536663-27
Work in the ALCO / Balance Sheet Management Team in Country Finance in providing strategic financial advisory support to the Bank's Asset & Liability Committee and other business unites on, balance sheet management, liquidity issues and Pillar 3 disclosure.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support ALCO in terms of decision making by providing relevant capital, liquidity and balance sheet analysis, such as Market Update, interest rate risk analysis, balance sheet forecast etc.
- Involve in monthly ALCO reporting. Ensure data accuracy, quality and relevancy of the report.
- Involve in the Pillar 3 disclosure
- Involve Capital and CAR forecast
- Assist accounting & forecast of GT Business Unit in HK.
- Support Group and HK in terms of Balance Sheet management related initiatives, such as subdebt issuance etc.
- Participate in projects that may have Balance Sheet Structure, Capital or Liquidity implications to HK, including FTP projects, etc.
- Engage in GT policy changes on liquidity and ensure appropriate rollout in HK.
- Engage in annual update of various local liquidity / capital policies.
- Ensure proper implementation of FTP policies in HK.
- Engage in Basel changes on capital and liquidity.
- Involve in ICAAP.
- Involve in various stress tests.
Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant banking experience, preferably in Liquidity or Balance Sheet Management or Capital areas
- Logical and diligent
- Proactive working attitude
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong communications skills
- Team player
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.