Manager / Assistant Manager, Accident & Health - Individual Financial Product
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004837483
Employer Ref. 1610000
- Providing strong project support within Accident and Health (A&H) unit. Assist in conducting market analysis on Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme (VHIS). Assist in working with all internal and external stakeholders in mapping out the details including new requirements of future Operating Model in preparing for VHIS. Actively involve and support the project and related work
- Assist in building up our Medical Network capabilities. To work with panel network as well as Private hospitals in enhancing the competitiveness of our A&H products offering . Be the central point for existing Vendors management and control. Co-ordinate and maintain regular interaction with Vendors with specific tasks.
- Assist in building up a stronger General Insurance (GI) partnership arrangement. To work with all parties in reviewing the current delivery model & product suite so to complement our core Manulife key strategic goals. Coordinate closely with stakeholders to perform tasks including:
- To assist in driving programs to address the Morbidity of Medical and PA products. Work jointly with Claims and drive activities to enhance the Claims efficiency in managing A&H claims. To work with external vendors in sorting out the detailed scope of a potential Fast-track Claims processes pilot program.
- To work closely with team members from Product, Pricing and Business in delivering new products & services including Credit facility, Medical Re-pricing, Cancer products. Actively participate in the detailed working groups.
- To work closely with Group Life and Health/Pension so to drive more synergy in supporting our Medical business i.e. share use of providers’ network, online tools.
- Assist management in completing various new studies and projects. Be the core team member of this start up A&H division.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree holder with Professional insurance qualification.
- Minimum 5 years Accident & Health or Medical insurance experience with strong presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills. With project management skills.
- High proficiency in written and verbal communication skills.
- Build strong A&H support for Individual Life Business and enhance the business growth.
- Mature, competent, Customer service driven and able to work independently.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Project.
- Experience working in major Health insurance companies, brokers or bank would be an advantage. Medical knowledge will be added advantage.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills, good team player.
- Highly effective influencing skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management
- Ability to exercise flexibility and judgment in assessing business/project issues and risks arising in a dynamic business environment
Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Clients look to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We also provide asset management services to institutional customers. Funds under management by Manulife and its subsidiaries were approximately C$ 888 billion (US$663 billion) as at September 30, 2015. Our group of companies operates as Manulife in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife can be found on the Internet at manulife.com.
About Manulife Financial
See Job Description