Manager, Business Intelligence, Marketing
jobsDB ref: JHK100003005221105
Employer Ref. 1704351
This role requires a highly motivated individual who has a passion for consumer research that supports all aspects of Manulife’s customer focused strategy. The incumbent will assist the Senior Director, Business Intelligence to design, execute/ manage and analyze findings from multiple quantitative and qualitative research studies that are run/ could be run internally or with the help of external research suppliers. The incumbent will use his/ her creative and analytical mind to drive results to the next level by synthesizing results across studies and/ or combining them with internal customer data.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Business Intelligence, this position will be responsible for:
- The collection, analysis and synthesis of relevant market, customer factors affecting company competitiveness in the market place.
- Jointly defining the research objectives together with the BUs and the Customer Marketing teams, recommend the methods that will produce the desired results, select vendors, supervise the agencies that conduct projects, interpret the findings, creating the presentation/reports, organize the communication and presentation of the results.
- Ensuring that internal clients understand the implications of the results and advise the business community to implement improvements.
- Maintaining a central repository of research reports, competitive intelligence and design the knowledge sharing mechanism.
- Design and implement consumer studies for Manulife, prepare presentations for internal communication to Management and related Functions and Business Units (BU), & advice on improvement actions.
- Identify information gaps. Search, collect, analyze, and report relevant market information affecting Manulife businesses.
- Identify business needs and make strategic recommendations based on research and competitive intelligence.
- Translate findings and interpret key trends and business implications to Management to assist strategy development, and new product/services development.
- Design, implement and run Voice of Customer Programs to collect customer input for process and service enhancement. Work with other internal teams to put findings into actions.
- Plan and implement a knowledge sharing database of the Manulife’s research findings and competitor information.
Technical knowledge / leadership skills
- University Degree in Marketing, Psychology, Economics, Business Administration or other relevant disciplines
- 7+ years consumer insight or research experience in vendor or in-house environment. Preferably some years in financial services industry
- Solid exposure in consumer insight & analysis
- Understanding and appreciation of customer analytics. Ideally experience in synthesizing findings in external and internal data to drive insights
- Experience with self-managed survey platforms
- Able to work under little internal resources but leverage external partners to deliver results
- Strong people, and influencing skills. Experience in developing and managing effective business partnership
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills in English.
- Cantonese language written and spoken fluency a must
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
About Manulife Financial
See Job Description
More Jobs from this employer
Temporary Manager, Digital Marketing, Customer Marketing & Digital Marketing (12 months' contract)