Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
Manager, Client Experience
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004992138
Employer Ref. 539123
- To ensure that complaints / client feedback are handled in a professional manner so as to recover client’s confidence in the Bank and where possible turn complaints into compliment; and to safeguard the Bank’s good image in the public
- To reinforce the Bank’s integrity and reputation
- To identify and escalate to senior management of relevant functions / businesses any potential threats, risks and areas for improvements so as to improve client experience, mitigate risks and enhance compliance.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To handle investment related written complaints and verbal complaints referred from other departments and / or directly from clients.
- To ensure timely investigation / resolution according to pre-defined standards, proper case resolution and case closure, and timely logging in the system for clear and complete record purposes; Offer guidance and coaching as appropriate.
- To ensure the following standards / requirements are met.
- Ensure all complaints have gone through proper and appropriate level of investigation, analysis, escalation and reflection, and if possible, rectification by applying the available resources / authority.
- Ensure premium service is provided to complainants in the following areas: Ease of contact, Sincere and professional attitude, Prompt acknowledgment and reply (in accordance with Regulator’s requirement and pre-defined Service Standards), Proper handling (e.g. offering reasonable and effective resolution) and Clear communication.
- Ensure that the resolution, which can be an apology and/or explanation and/or compensation, is appropriate to clients; At the same time, censor all responses / letters to clients, ensuring that the relevant complaint issues are addressed and the letter contents comply with relevant criteria for the safeguarding of the Bank’s interests.
- Identify potential threats, frauds and high impact / high risk cases that require immediate rectification/improvement and ensure that they are timely escalated to the relevant parties for actions and/or follow-up actions.
- Identify business / improvement opportunities, escalate to relevant parties and assist with the design of preventive measures as appropriate.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree with experience in financial services experience
- Strong problem solving, analytical and decision making skills.
- Self-starter, independent and possess good organizational skills with ability to handle a diverse range of issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.