Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
Manager, Credit and Marketing, Commercial Banking (Unit C)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004916035
Employer Ref. 528187
To assist Relationship Manager in providing proactive account relationship management in respect of the designated portfolio with the objectives of maximising profits and returns whilst minimising bad debts, actively cross-selling the Bank’s other products and services and ensuring that this portion of the Division’s targets are met.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist Relationship Manager(s) to achieve budgeted revenue and other campaign targets
- Provide high quality customer service on enquiry, transactions handling and offer operational solutions to enhance customer satisfaction
- Prepare comprehensive and clearly written business credit applications for credit approval in a timely fashion
- Monitor risk on a daily basis; ensure credit, reputation and compliance risks are held to the highest standards of risk management
Qualifications and Skills
- University graduates with relevant years of commercial banking experience
- Good credit analysis and writing skill
- Prepared to work under pressure
- Good communication skills in both English and Chinese
- Ability to speak fluent Cantonese and Mandarin
- Experience in large corporate would be advantage
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.