Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We’ve built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
Manager, Credit and Marketing, Commercial Banking (Unit B)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004916186
Employer Ref. 534283
We are looking for capable Manager, Credit and Marketing to:
- Assist Relationship Managers to achieve budgeted revenue and other campaign targets, covering a portfolio of local corporate clients.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Manager, your main responsibilities will be assisting Relationship Managers to:
- Provide high quality customer service / solutions with efficient handling of daily operational and administrative tasks.
- Perform comprehensive credit risk analysis, including precise financial statement spreading and credit proposal write-ups covering key risk areas (i.e. business, industry, financial, management, etc).
- Monitor risks on a daily basis, ensuring prompt reporting and take appropriate actions to deal with irregularities.
- Maintain close relationship with clients to help drive business and monitor risks.
- Bring in new prospect client leads.
- Liaise with intrabank departments to resolver various ad-hoc issues.
Qualifications and Skills
- University graduates with relevant years of commercial banking experience
- Good credit analysis and writing skill
- Prepared to work under pressure
- Good communication skills in both English and Chinese
- Ability to speak fluent Cantonese and Mandarin
- Experience in large corporate would be advantage
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.