Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
Manager, Credit Risk Control (Governance Team)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004999857
Employer Ref. 540521-27
- Assist Team Manager to manage CRC Governance Team. Build a strong and competent team and ensuring Governance work is performed with acceptable quality and timeliness
- Ensure all monitoring and controls are complying with policies relevant to CRC Governance team. Ensure all new and amendment to these existing policies and process are implemented effectively.
- Monitor the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of processes from time to time and provide corresponding actions for improvement with respect to the changing business or regulator's needs.
- Enable synergies within the CRC/across other operations to maintain the best interest of the Bank regarding risk control and resources utilization.
- Manage stakeholders including developing relationship with Group counterparts and various committees to allow quick transparent escalation of issues.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Compliance & Risk Management
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risk and compliance of polices and Group Code of Conduct
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning
- Proactive identification and reporting of risks and concerns
- Mitigation of risks and resolution of issues in a timely manner including developing suitable controls and measuring their effectiveness
- Assist Team Manager to ensure completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning by team members
- Demonstration of adherence to the management principles for effective risk and control and the Group's fair accountability principles
- Prompt and decisive action when any risk and compliance weaknesses become apparent, addressing them in appropriate timeframe, escalating where necessary, having carefully understood what happened and why
Credit Risk Control Development
- Effective risk control in performing EA Secretary role on Early Alert/ ASTAR accounts
- Follow CRC operating model and adopt changes when needed.
- Provide support to Credit Risk on non-Credit decision activities.
- Provide advice and recommendation for operation strategy development to support business requirements including with other operating units within/across the region.
- Review system and regulatory requirements to maintain the best position of the Bank across the regions.
- Assist Team Manager in all CRC development activities and other monitoring activities.
- Assist Team Manager in providing guidance to new joiners of the team.
Business management & control
- Follow Operational risk framework and Code of Conduct as set by Bank/Group. Raise any concerns to team manager immediately.
- Timely delivery of management information packs, e.g. RIR, Portfolio Standards, etc.
- Maintain and enhance independent control process over the operations of control tasks in compliance with the group standard.
- Review operation processes and implement change, as necessary, to tighten controls / mitigate operational risks.
- Ensure the Bank's internal policies are adhered to.
- Timely deliver all returns, reports and statistics
- Exercise precautionary steps with regular review to ensure records are safe kept for required period.
- Regular review on processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure proper communication within the team to maintain consistency and thorough understanding of corporate policies, procedures and objectives
- Perform duty of UORM/RP/First Aider/Fire Marshall/Workplace Safety Coordinator (as and when appointed) for the department and participate in necessary exercises.
Assist Team Manager in
- Regular review on processes to provide clear and consistent people development for team members
- Identifying key talent, propose talent development initiatives/training for hi-pos
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree holder
- Self-initiative and is a good team player
- Good communication skill and self confidence on execution
- Knowledge of banking products and advance in PC skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Chinese
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 28/02/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.