It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s inspiring people to do more than they thought they could. It’s leading the way by rolling up your sleeves to accomplish a common goal. It’s taking a passion and turning into your vision. Belonging is what it feels like to work at Marriott. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is a global leading lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 5700 properties and 30 brands you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Marriott.
Manager, Internal Audit - APAC
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004836979
Employer Ref. 16001G6J
The Internal Audit Department provides Marriott with a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance. Internal Audit assesses and reports on Marriott’s network of controls, governance, and business and financial risk management processes, using a risk-based audit strategy.
This role is based in Hong Kong and will engage with multiple stakeholders and members of finance leadership across the organization. You will play a key role for ensuring that Marriott’s global controls, policies and procedures are maintained to the strictest standards. You must be adept at tapping diverse sources of information, identifying opportunities, anticipating challenges, and devising and executing strategies to deliver against current and future Internal Audit priorities, thereby strengthening Marriott’s competitive advantage through excellence in effective risk assessment and internal controls.
- Manage above property and property audits as scheduled, overseeing both internal and external resources.
- Assisting in investigations, including detection, investigation and documentation of findings.
- Responsible for assisting with developing and delivering training material used by third party service providers to execute service level agreements.
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with internal customers and third party service providers to ensure timely exchange of information with third party service providers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Leverage the use of business performance management skills - able to deploy and manage resources, to achieve/exceed objectives in a dynamic operating environment.
- Monitor ongoing maintenance and effectiveness of department audit tools. Research and prepare proposals for new tools that could increase effectiveness of the department.
- Assist with the development and execution of the annual risk assessment plan.
- Coordinate with the Internal Audit Director to manage publication of required reports.
- Serve as the Process Owner and Administrator for the audit workpaper tool and any other software used by the department to increase the effectiveness of the audit process.
- Partner with the iT organization to develop and facilitate delivery of information, tools, and resources that support Internal Audit’s efforts in ensuring a strong systems control environment
- Assist with the Compliance Risk and Internal Control Assessments; design, assess, enhance, implement and test compliance programs for internal controls.
- Champion excellence in business ethics and integrity, social responsibility, cross-cultural effectiveness, and associate engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 of progressively responsible experience in corporate internal audit or public accounting firm strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience supervising audits, or having substantial responsibility for major aspects of an audit program preferably in a large, multinational publicly traded company or a public accounting firm.
- Lodging/ hospitality industry experience highly desirable.
- Strong relationship builder; experience working with outsourced partner(s) in a way that is seamless to the organization.
- Collaborative approach with global market teams and business partners.
- Demonstrates understanding of multiple functions, brands and businesses in order to respond more quickly and resourcefully to new demands and challenges.
- Strong data analytics; uses data and a cogent problem solving methodology in decision making and impact assessment.
- Strong and professional communications (verbal and written), organization and presentation skills (verbal and written).
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
- University Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline.
- Member of a professional accountancy body (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA), IIA, CPA or CISA strongly preferred.
- Project Management experience highly desirable.
- Local language skills preferred (e.g. Mandarin).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.