Star Cruises (HK) Limited
Star Cruises is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Genting Hong Kong a leading global leisure, entertainment and hospitality corporation. A pioneer in the Asia Pacific cruise industry, Star Cruises has been operating its fleet since 1993, taking on the bold initiative to grow the region as an international cruise destination.
Star Cruises’ commitment in offering best-in-class services and facilities is reflected in a host of recognitions and accolades received over the years. These include being inducted into the prestigious Travel Trade Gazette’s “Travel Hall of Fame” for an eighth year in 2015 in recognition of winning “Best Cruise Operator in the Asia-Pacific” for 10 consecutive years. Star Cruises was also recently voted “Asia’s Leading Cruise Line” at the World Travel Awards for a fourth year in a row in 2015.
Come, join us and be part of the team that creates world-class cruise holiday experience for holidaymakers from around the world.
Manager - Port Development
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004994271
The position is to support the Assistant Vice President, in aspects of infrastructure project management, commercial negotiations and development of new/existing ports.
- Carry out business planning and feasibility studies for new projects
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations, examining risks and potentials and estimating partners' needs and goals
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments
- Conduct site investigations, oversee construction development phases in China and/or the Asia-Pacific region including upland projects, such as passenger terminal and pier construction
Take part in meetings with the builder and/or consultants; review any matters that may arise concerning the construction, outfitting and commissioning of the development or new project
Coordinate progress meetings with team and consultants/builders and other related parties concerned with the project ensuring attendance of required people
Communicate effectively and work well with a wide range of individuals and companies from frontline personnel, external consultants to senior executives to compile information
Prepare contracts, reports, correspondence and presentation materials (in Chinese and English)
- Degree or above in Business Administration or related disciplines from accredited college / university or equivalent
- Proven working experience as a port/ business development manager or a relevant role. Project management experience is a plus
Minimum 3 years’ experience in the industry, including Port Management, Ship Provisioning, Tug Operations in Maritime Industry
Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese. Proficient in drafting business plans and reports
Flexible and willing to accept and implement changes and ability to work across various cultures
Demonstrate ability to identify issues and formulate approaches to address them
Highly organized and self-motivated with a dedication to excellence and efficiency improvement
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Able to travel on short notice
Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Accounting knowledge is a plus