Manager / Senior Manager, Market & Liquidity Risk, Asia Risk Management
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004916292
Employer Ref. 1611310
- Provide oversight in the management of market risk in particular non-fixed income risk, foreign exchange risk, hedging effectiveness, etc.
- Provide oversight in the management of liquidity risk including implementation of various liquidity risk policies in business units, discussion of liquidity risk staging and monitoring of liquidity risk metrics
- Work collaboratively with the Group Financial Risk Management to provide insight, challenge and oversight of risk-adjusted returns, recommendation to the Asia CRO, the Head of Group Financial Risk, business unit CROs and the Head of Asia Market & Liquidity Risk on proposals going to the Asia ALCO and business unit ALCOs, and on new products that introduce market and / or liquidity risk
- Propose market risk limits for the Asia Division, enhance the divisional risk appetite limits framework on market risk, liquidity risk and local solvency risk
- Work collaboratively with the Group Financial Risk Management on the development and measurement of risk exposures for the division and business units, provide effective support and propose enhancements to timely risk measurement and reporting
- Provide effective support to hedging activities to mitigate risk, including Variable Annuity business in the division
- Monitor market and liquidity risk exposures against approved limits and be able to clearly explain changes in exposures
- Support on various ad hoc stress testings on emerging market and liquidity risk
- Coordinate effectively with internal stakeholders including business units, Asset Liability Management, Group Financial Risk Management, etc., ensure Asia and business units ALCOs are operating effectively.
- Raise awareness and increase understanding of market and liquidity risk in the division and business units, including risk metrics such as Economic Capital, Earnings at Risk, liquidity ratios, etc.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in the financial services industry, with experience in asset liability management, investment or financial risk management in life insurance industry in the Asian market
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong communication skills, including ability to translate complex technical issues into fundamental concepts
- Effective influencing skills and strong relationship building skills to build strong working relationships and influence outcomes within division and across business units
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of June 2015, we had $883 billion (US$708 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $22 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit www.manulife.com or www.johnhancock.com.
About Manulife Financial
See Job Description