GoGo Tech Limited
Manager/Sr. Manager, Software Development
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004784034
GoGoVan streamlines local logistics industry using technologies, and GoGoVan Engineering builds the right product to better connect drivers and customers in all markets that we serve. As part of the Engineering team, you will work closely with Products and designers from concept to launch.
You will define Engineering direction that deepen our penetration in the logistics space. You will manage a team of talented engineers and establish schedules, priorities and task assignments that align with product development goals. You will drive discussions for clarity. You will ensure that all deliverables are delivered on time, and you will wear the customer hat and ensure that all deliverables convey high quality.
You will set objectives for your team members. You will coach them and share the best practices you’ve acquired in your career.
- Manage a growing team of software engineers with varying levels of experience
- Bring a deep understanding of software development methodologies and scheduling and a track record of shipping software on time to this high-accountability role
- Establish schedules, priorities and task assignments that align with product development goals
- Track and communicate development schedule to stakeholders, such as Product Management
- Ensure high standards in architecture discussion and code quality
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience as a software engineer
- 2 years of experience managing engineering teams, including hiring, coaching and mentoring, holding impactful 1:1s, and evaluating performance
- Candidates with more relevant experience could be considered for Sr. Manager position
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience translating functional requirements into technical requirements, detailed architecture and design
- Experience managing offshore teams
- Experience in using data to continuously improve system’s reliability and scalability
- Fluency in English and Cantonese