Scott Adam Design Inc
Scott Adam Designs, Inc is a US based supplier of promotional accessories to the Health and Beauty industry. We are seeking an account executive to establish and grow a sales force out of our Hong Kong office.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004919268
Employer Ref. SA_MD_HKO
The below document is a description of the scope and responsibilities for the leadership position of Managing Director of a US-headquartered exporter of custom fashion accessories and handbags. This position is based in Hong Kong.
Executive to provide leadership and management for multisite operations in Hong Kong and Shenzhen offices.
- Fully manage the different teams: Merchandising, Logistics, Accounting, Sample Development, Production, and Quality Control.
- Ensure teams are providing an optimum level of service and project management to the sales, creative, and logistics teams based in US office.
- Proactively lead strategic and continuous operational, time and cost savings improvements.
- Drive strategic global sourcing for the company including but not limited to: current and new factory partnerships, material and piece-good suppliers.
- Manage the merchandising team to ensure optimal product development, costs, production quality, and schedules are being met.
- Ongoing assessment, management, and public documentation of quality assurance practices and quality control procedures.
- Identify and create standard operations procedures for the highest quality end products, competitive service offerings, efficacy of all finished goods, on-time delivery to our global clientele.
- Ensure the sample development team is providing quality samples in a timely manner making the most efficient and effective use of resources.
- Responsible for multisite P&L.
- Responsible for the recruitment and dismissal of staff in Hong Kong and China offices.
- Develop annual budgets for multisite operations and ensure the operational expenses are kept within budget.
The position reports directly to the CEO of the company based in New York, NY.
3/ Qualifications Needed / Profile
- Management experience is a must.
- At least 7 years of proven working experience; global manufacturing is preferred.
- Fluent English.
- Experience in apparel, fashion accessories, or textiles are a plus.
- Needs direct experience in global supply chain, sourcing, operational strategy and analysis, manufacturing production, and quality control.
- Familiarity with merchandising, bag construction is helpful.
- Spoken and written Mandarin is a plus.
- Result driven and self-motivated.
- Regular travel between the Hong Kong and Shenzhen offices. Travel as needed to factories to assist merchandising and quality control teams.