SkiJapan Travel has specialised in Hokkaido's best ski resorts for the past 15 years. We continue to be Japan’s longest serving and largest inbound ski tour operator and can organize holiday packages to the famous Japanese ski resorts of Niseko, Rusutsu and Furano.
SkiJapan has offices in Japan, Australia and Hong Kong, having opened an office in Admiralty over the past year.
SkiJapan Travel aims to accommodate all customer's wants and needs when it comes to their Japan holiday and offers a premium level of service that other travel companies strive to achieve. SkiJapan Travel's strength lies in its experience, customer service attitude and professional staff that have a true passion for snow sports and travel.
All SkiJapan Travel employees have outstanding customer service skills and a true understanding of what a customer wants out of their holiday in Japan. As a member of this team you will use your knowledge and experience in these industries to ensure that every holiday that you create for a customer goes above and beyond their expectations, whereby they are so impressed by the SkiJapan Travel level of service that they become loyal customers year after year.
Marketing/ Merchandise Manager
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004917782
Marketing/ Merchandise Manager
SkiJapan Travel Company is seeking an exceptional candidate with passion and energy to lead our Marketing Division within our dynamic and diverse tourism business, encompassing global markets and three office locations of Hong Kong, Australia and Japan.
SkiJapan Travel has specialised in bringing international guests to Japan’s best ski resorts for more than 20 years. We are Hokkaido’s longest serving and largest inbound ski tour operator, organising holiday packages to the major resorts in Hokkaido as well as many resorts on the main island of Honshu. SkiJapan Travel is a dynamic company with a strong Oceanic and Asian guest base that is continuing to expand internationally in response to demand from growth markets. SkiJapan Travel has offices in Hong Kong, Sydney Australia and Niseko, Japan along with extensive ground service operations based in Niseko.
SkiJapan provide guests with a professional start-to-finish service and are proud to be an all-inclusive snow holiday provider. Boasting a broad range of brands and services including SkiJapan Property Management, Niseko Base Snow Sports, Niseko.com magazine, Summer Japan, Yotei Golf, Niseko Brand and the Niseko App; for products across all seasons.
SkiJapan Travel’s strengths lie in its experiences, service attitude and professional team with true passion for people, snow sports and travel.
The Marketing/ Merchandise Manager for SkiJapan Travel, needs to be creative and innovative in an extremely competitive growth environment. The successful applicant will be a master in the tools of social media, websites, design, print media, brochures magazines, merchandise, and newsletters, and able to implement strategies for reaching new and delighting existing customer markets, building awareness and branding.
In an industry that regularly undergoes rapid change, the Marketing Manager must be highly organised and capable of changing course,“upping the ante” as required to assure the success of the company in response to the competitive challenges.
This role requires an individual with excellent communication skills and analytical abilities who can operate independently as well as working effectively across multiple teams, experiences and cultures. A self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and the ability to lead in a fast-paced environment. Not only be able to think big but also roll up the sleeves and dig into the exceptional details.
You will work closely with the IT, Design and Services teams to develop and implement strategies to increase our brand presence with guests and our partners.
- Define and execute marketing plans and strategies
- Managing and expanding of social media platforms
- Managing and enhancing website presentation, contents and SEO
- Review, develop and implement advertising and promotion activity
- Marketing research, analysis and reports across international markets
- Researching and evaluating opportunities, product demands, customer needs and insights.
- Working with all offices to develop specific campaigns to grow the business and maintain customer loyalty
- Co-ordinating, contributing, copywriting and editing of the company magazine
- Co-ordinating and production of annual product brochures
- Organising familiarization trips for media groups and partners
- Preparing of press releases and online newsletters
- Organsiing and representation at expos, trade shows and business presentations
- Co-ordinatting all aspects of company merchandise and promotional products
- PR networking, relationships and collaboration
- Database development and maintenance
- Ensuring effective and coordinated branded marketing communications across all SkiJapan offices and brands
- Simple design skills for web banners, clear cutting and editing
- Master existing tools and develop new methods of reaching our customers
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Fluent in English, with strong Mandarin/ Cantonese written and oral skills.
- Japanese language skills highly desirable.
- Degree or similar certification in Marketing and Communications
- Experience in the tourism industry and corporate environment
- Demonstrated ability to bring new products/ services to market in emerging competitive environment
- Exceptional communication skills, written, verbal and presentation in English, (These skills in Chinese and Japanese are highly desirable)
- Genuine experience and skills with the basic tools in marketing including PR, written communication, website development, market research, product packaging, Microsoft software suite of products, visual communication software products and creative services
- Technical abilities, exhibiting expertise in internet and social media
- Strong leadership skills and decision making ability
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution
- Strong desire for action with abilities to prioritise and manage time
- High attention to detail with premium presentation skills
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Demonstrated effectiveness in communications and negotiations
- Ability to lead and deliver in an environment of constant change
- Experience in managing external PR and media/communication consulting firms and contractors
- A proactive approach in pursuing opportunities for year round business growth
- Project management background with ability to implement, monitor and evaluate marketing campaigns and other projects
- Experience in the global marketplace extremely beneficial
- Ability to travel
- Basic sporting, particularly golf, ski or snowboard skills an advantage
- A can-do attitude with professional values aligning with SkiJapan
- Energetic, passionate and confident
- Exceptional guest experience skills and genuine passion for assisting people
- Mature, flexible approach with the ability to adapt to any situation
- Reliable, organised and well presented
- Previous experience in the snow or tourism environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work overtime when required and during peak projects and deadlines
- Strong effective communicator across all platforms
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills
Option of either Hong Kong or Niseko, Japan office
Remuneration & Benefits:
- A full time position with many benefits
- Salary negotiated based on experience
- Eligible for company bonus
- Working with a team of like-minded people from all over the world