A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of “The Most Rewarding Employers” in our field.
Medical Science Liaison (Gen Med)/ Senior Medical Science Liaison
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004919032
The post will require the incumbent to liaise with Health Care Professionals on critical scientific, technical and development issues relating to Novartis products and their related disease states. It is suitable for the candidate who wishes to take on an expansive role in KOL development. He/she should be able to optimize short and long-term business achievement based upon sound medical and pharmaceutical evidence.
Field based KOL/Speaker Development
- Identification/ mapping of KOLs.
- Develop professional relationships with the targeting KOLs and build advocacy and gain contributions of KOL/decision-makers .
- Proactively Visit, Track, analyze and reports targeting KOLs advocacy, contribution and publication status in required system and KOL management tool as appropriate.
- Provide and discuss scientific information and data regarding new launched products to healthcare professionals to ensure quality and accuracy of key medical and scientific information on new treatment options by face to face visits speaker training and scientific communications.
- Scientific support of speaker training activities in the region with timely feedback.
Information Management and Meeting/Events:
- May function as the Novartis medical speaker to present at Novartis/Society sponsored activities for up-to-date data based scientific and clinical information on Novartis product(s).
- Implement, ensure execution of product-specific strategic and tactical plans under IPS aligned strategy
- Liaise and provide up-to-date medical support to facilitate listing of products in medical guidelines, RDL, formularies as appropriate.
- Participate in cross functional meetings as appropriate and sharing feedback of targeting KOLs advocacy and contribution.
- Prepare and tailor speaker slides in alignment with NP4 and Medical strategies.
- Manage unsolicited requests /objections comply with NP4 and China legal and regulatory requirements.
Clinical Trials and Medical Affairs Studies
- Contribute to the identification and recommendation of appropriate KOL involvement and participation in Novartis sponsored clinical trials (PMS, Phase III and Phase IV studies) from assigned region.
- Conduct or Coordinate third party trials/animal studies/registry or epidemiology programs in assigned region and operation /follow-up the above program with Trial Master File to archive all relevant documents in align with Novartis SOPs.
- Evaluate requests to research fund as they pertain to Medical Affairs activities
- Masters/PhD in Pharmacology / Pharmacy / other life sciences with solid medical / technical background and proven competencies influencing skills, clinical research insight, business and market knowledge
- Must have at least 3 years working experience as a clinical development and medical affairs
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key customers
- Ability to research, analyze and communicate scientific and medical information to a broad range of audiences
- Above average communication skills both oral and written
- Adaptable to a dynamic, fast-changing working environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills – can easily relate with people across different levels especially with investigators
- Adept in identifying and solving problems
- Fluent in English and Chinese (oral and written)
We offer an attractive remuneration package, generous fringe benefits as well as excellent opportunities for career advancement. Please send your application letter with FULL RESUME and indication of PRESENT and EXPECTED SALARY to recruit.hk(@)novartis.com
(All information received will be kept in strict confidence and only for recruitment purpose. Applicants who are not invited for interview within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.)