Target Australia Sourcing Limited
Target is an iconic Australian retailer with a rich heritage and forms part of Wesfarmers Limited. Every Australian can love shopping at Target and every member of our team is passionate about delivering style and quality every day at prices our customers love. Our promise is simple: Get More. Pay Less.
We are one of Australia’s largest retailers, with over 300 stores located across the country as well as a fast-growing eCommerce presence. Our 23,000 team members are an integral part of our expansive network of stores in metropolitan and regional areas, distribution centers or support centers across Australia.
We’re at the beginning of a journey to reinvigorate Target and once again make it a great place to shop. Our customers have told us that they love Target, but they want more from us. They want more style, more quality, more excitement in store - and they expect to pay less.
As a sourcing office for Target Australia, we currently have offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Dongguan and Bangladesh.
Merchandise Manager - Footwear
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004992724
We are looking for an experienced Merchandise Manager to join our Footwear team. This candidate is responsible for the management of the Footwear team to deliver the buying strategy for the category by sourcing the best quality product at the best price.
- Daily management of sourcing and production team
- Ensure product development samples accuracy & interpretation
- Manage sampling efficiency and costs
- Maintain a smooth production process including effective handover from sourcing team
- Ensure monthly capacity planning is completed and maintain an effective critical path management process
- Responsible for Supplier Scorecard
- Oversee new vendor on-boarding & training, manage their performance and non-compliance issues
- Maintain vendor base to agreed supplier strategy
- Ensure Team way of working and values are supportive of Quality, Ethical Sourcing and Supply Chain Team
- Details knowledge of end-to-end costs for area of responsibility
- Coach and develop the team to establish succession plans and talent pipelines, create a high performing team with clear measures and support mechanisms
- Build a good relations with Australia buying teams
- Degree in any disciplines
- Minimum 8-10 years’ solid experience in merchandise sourcing industry with at least 4 years’ in managerial level
- Knowledge of footwear technical specification and end to end supply chain process
- Clear understanding of financial measurements and how they impact product development
- Ability to locate the best source for the product globally
- Strong leadership and management skills with capability of working with stakeholders effectively
- Good sense of responsibility with strong analytical skill, be flexible and detail-minded
- Good command in both spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin)
- Excellent PC skills, with proficiency in MS Project, PowerPoint & Excel
- Business travel to China and overseas countries is required
We offer attractive remuneration and a five-day work week. Interested parties, please click "Apply Now" or send your full resume with expected salary to Human Resources Department at Units 1009-1023A, 10/F, Trade Square, No. 681 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon.